***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

They do not send emails to international students. They have typically used DHL to send packages to international students, but obviously, the portal updates first.

Do they send mail to those accepted AND rejected, or do the rejected applicants only find out on the portal?

@mgb1311 mail is sent for both decisions. Rejected applicants get a thin envelope.

Is the rejected envelope sent later than acceptance packages

@emli8100 Yes rejections are sent out through traditional letter envelopes through regular mail whereas the acceptance packages are thick and send through priority mail

So if I live 30 minutes away from USC, the rejection will come Friday March 24th and the acceptance package (you know, when pigs fly), will come Thursday March 23rd?

oh no… i’m in a two-day area, so if they send the packages on a thursday and i dont get it by Saturday, I’ll know i’m a reject because no mail on sundays

There’s absolutely no perfect formula and USPS can be unpredictable so no one should really lose hope until the portals get updated. My advice- prepare for the worst, but be pleasantly surprised if it works out for you!

How long do you guys predict mail (priority and regular) would take to get from LA to the bay area?

@thenewstyped USPS has a website where you type in the zip code of the senders address and it will tell you approx how many days until priority mail gets to your house.

I would say most of the bay area is likely in the 1 day range for priority and 3-4 day range for regular mail.

when are USC scholarship results coming out and is it on the portal?

@callmegray Nothing is certain yet, but according to alleged insiders and if history holds true, they’ll be sent out on the 23rd, and the portal will be updated on the 25th

Random question: If I got a likely letter from Vanderbilt, is there a good chance I could be accepted to USC? (No correlation between the schools, besides the prestige and rigor)

@lilmissfunsize I’m not familiar with Vandys admissions style, but USC has a very holistic approach towards analyzing every student. While ECs and supplemental won’t get you in, they certainly hold a substantial weight along with your grades.

That being said, it also means you’re almost the whim of the person reading over your application. Good luck!

@lilmissfunsize There is no way to determine a direct correlation. 3 years ago, my daughter was accepted by USC while being rejected by Vanderbilt. During the same cycle, someone we know was rejected by USC while accepted to Vanderbilt. Holistic qualities & admit-ability are apparently in the eyes of the beholder…

Does anyone know if the Iovine and Young Academy send its admissions decisions the same way, just by mail?

If I applied on December 1st before the regular decision date will I find out if I got in somewhat earlier than the rest?

@hlwalters Nope. All decisions will be mailed out together, supposedly on March 23rd.

i applied Iovine and Young Academy on 12/1, and i didn’t get in, do i still have a possibility to get in? or am i considered to get in the 2nd major?

@mochiko January was only merit scholarship related. Everyone else was deferred to the regular decision together. So I believe that you are still being considered for both major options, if you listed two.