***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

So USC’s decision package/letter won’t show up on the myUSPS tracker?

No. For sure. That is a service that the sender has to enable (and pay for). That would defeat the purpose of mailing them and the mailbox bam. If they did that, they might as well post them.

Ahhhh good point, I thought we’d found a loophole somehow :frowning: Thanks.

Are the merit scholarship decisions released via mail or via the portal? If they are released through the portal, where will be able to see result?

When will USCTrustee and Presidents Scholarship be announced?

If past behavior repeats itself, merit scholarships post to portal the Friday before regular decisions which means this Friday as has been discussed on here.

What time?

Last year (2016) the first one posting about it was Friday morning at 5:08am and then they started rolling. (So 4:30-5:00am perhaps?) The year before (2015) was between 6-6:30am. That is PST.

has anyone received an invitation to the SDA Open House on April 8th? Someone on this thread said that receiving that is an early indication of admittance into the BFA Acting program. I’m not talking about the Save the Date card, I understood there would be something else sent after that.

@marg928 In the past, that specific SDA invitation has always been an indication of SDA acceptance. If both of your options were SDA, it does not necessarily mean acceptance to your first choice… but it basically means you were accepted to USC and SDA (if such an invitation arrived). If so… congrats!

Hi Letsshare! My older son graduated USC but struggled with his decision with Boston College as a freshman…so I can relate. My middle son transferred to USC and I have a third who is waiting patiently for her decision. I’d be happy to share whatever I can, so let me know the choice (specific college) he is struggling with and maybe I will able to help!

OMG I just found out on you.usc.edu in the “submit your mid-year grades” that you have to mail the official transcript to usc? is that true? or is the one my counselor sent through naviance fine? i never got an email from usc so…

@almostthereeeee Don’t worry! A few months ago I emailed my USC admissions rep about this and while he said that most people mail in transcripts, he said it was sufficient to have your counselor upload them and also self report them through the site. Thats what I did.

Your counselor would likely have sent this. If they use naviance to track all of their submissions, she would have taken care of it. Take a breath. :slight_smile:

How about international applicants? When will they get the package?

Most internationals don’t get package until after the portal updates, but in the past it seems they may have left a day or so ahead of schedule and start arriving to some locations pretty quickly. Not sure on that though. I would plan on portal update.

@CClife, @CADREAMIN My S is also struggling between USC and our flagship which is well known for its EECE engineering. He loved the Explore Event, USC vibe, Trojan Fight On, etc. and felt the interview went well (for Presidential award). Even if he’s awarded the Presidential, the remaining cost is still more than our flagship which also offered a merit award. If your children were in Viterbi, I would love to hear about their experience. Thanks.

Unfortunately neither were in Viterbi, so I can’t speak to engineering in particular. One was a neuroscience major in Dornsife and the other is in Marshall. If cost is a major issue,then go to the flagship. Once your child enrolls, makes friends and immerses himself in the program, he will create his own great college experience, save you a lot of money and never look back. But, if cost is a smaller part of the equation, by all means go to SC. It’s a complete college experience from academic to social …to networking beyond your college years. Your son will meet interesting people and become a part of the Trojan family. He’ll still have to work hard and reach out to find the things that make him happy, but it’s a rich college experience.

@CClife thank you for your offer and I will take you up on it! He really likes USC and enjoyed the Explore USC event - although it kind of ended on a bit of a sour note because his student host was not the greatest, but he looked past that. He is deciding between USC (he is up for presidential), Cal (up for Regents) and yesterday afternoon he got another acceptance with an interview for a full scholarship, but he is unable to share that until they release all of their decisions. I will let you know as soon as I can and @CADREAMIN (since the advice and insight shared is fantastic) Honestly I am pleasantly surprised at the acceptance he has gotten and the scholarships he is up for. He is a great student, but there are so many awesome kids out there vying for the same spots.
I know Cal is great, but the whole take a number thing and you are known as your ID# along with other things is a concern. USC seems to have so many opportunities for the students without all the elbowing that may happen at Cal. My heart says USC (for today at least) - they make it really easy for you to fall in love with the school. However, I dont share that with my S since I dont want his decision being compromised by what I think( just yet at least).

Also @cag60093 we are in the same boat! So please fill me in on any info you receive and I will do the same!

I read a few pages back that packages for international students are sent through DHL. That would mean they could be tracked right? Does DHL even give you the option of disabling tracking for international packages?

USC Admissions snapchat confirmed “First-year applicant decisions mail a week from today”

@transmitter2342 Also confirmed here lol http://admission.usc.edu/

Wow it’s real!!! Here we go!