***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@patentj Thank you, that is so reassuring!

@WWWard Oh man. She applied in A U G U S T? I applied Nov 30th and I feel like the wait is excruciating. Can’t even begin to imagine how long the wait feels for her.

@WWWard Well said! It’s a week before the first package arrives - time to keep those grades up!

@TrivNation Yes… believe me, I know. I told her that USC does not care WHEN she applies. The SCA deadline was 12/1, so she could have applied on 11/30 as you did. But she started working on her SCA supplements last Feb (2016) and worked on them all summer until Aug 2nd. And later that day, she applied. In fact, she applied to all 15 colleges that she applied to before Sept was even over. But that’s just the way she is. She is the most organized person I have ever met - period. I certainly was not that way at 17. She would have been born 3 mos early too if she could have figured out how to… lol. But good luck. Almost there…

@CADREAMIN Thanks

@tarheels4life I don’t recall how it was shipped, just that we never received myUSPS notification, which is what USC wants to happen.

Where on the portal does it say when it’s going to release? I know the date but my portal says nothing about it. @notastagemom

what time is the portal going to update on the 26th?

@cdnotready I’m a NMF, but I have no idea how we would even notify USC. Doesn’t the NMSC tell them our finalist status if we chose them for first choice?

Just after midnight has been when portal has updated the last several years. PST. So Saturday night/Sunday morning.

There is nothing on your portal about release, that is on the USC Admissions twitter.

@tito17 It says it here… http://admission.usc.edu/

Has any of you seen a scholarship notification on your portal today?

@mintchipmagic and @cdnotready, NMSC does let the school know about your NMF standing only if they are your first choice and you assigned it as such before March 1st. However, it is my belief that you can change the school up to May 1st if you decide to go elsewhere. If you did not assign USC as your first choice they have no way of knowing. My son just shot out an email yesterday to a school letting them know he was NMF - he did not put them as first choice since they give out no merit scholarships. So that school did not know he was NMF. I actually think the decisions have been made and he was too late in letting them know but I told him that if it made him feel better, to do so and he did.

“Doesn’t the NMSC tell them our finalist status if we chose them for first choice?”
Yes they do. NMSC regularly notifies colleges of applicants first choice nominations.

" it is my belief that you can change the school up to May 1st if you decide to go elsewhere."
You can change your first choice school before May 1 , regardless of whether you decide to go toUSC OR another college.
USC is updated regularly by national merit with first choice lists during the next 2 months .
As long as you are accepted to USC and you notify national merit that USC is your first choice college before the May 1 deadline, you will receive the 1/2 tuition national merit scholarship .

My daughter received her first rejection today… Northwestern. Acceptance rate: 11%. Thankfully, she was not phased at all. 4 down, 11 more to go. USC is the only one she truly cares about…

Sorry about Northwestern, @WWWard. Glad to hear your D took it in stride. I sincerely hope that she gets good news from USC!

@WWWard Same here, but UCLA instead… glad to get the first rejection out of the way, best of luck to your daughter and everyone else here for USC’s response!

I’m sorry to hear about the rejections @WWWard and @PAwind98. I got rejected from UCLA, though I’m surprisingly unfazed about it. Now it’s just waiting for USC, which I KNOW I’ll feel disappointed if I get rejected. Fingers crossed, for both of you and me!

Does acceptance to UCLA as an OOS student tend to be a good indicator of acceptance to USC? My stats seem so low compared to others here (1420 SAT, 31 ACT) but I somehow managed UCLA lol???

Just got rejected from UCLA +1 and still waiting for USC :frowning: