***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Chug. Between 12-12:30 am PST Sunday morning which is late Saturday night. Supposedly.

^^You are going to get some good sleep after that chug :wink:

The waiting feels endless. I’ve wanted to attend this school since eighth grade. Statistically, I don’t have good odds. But I’m still confident. Just like everyone else, with less than a week to go, nothing feels distracting enough. I’ve been re-watching videos regarding USC and also college [acceptance] reactions the past few days. None of my friends understand, and I know nobody else who is applying to this school.

@LFC123 you got in early? Do you mind sharing stats/A-Levels/GCSE?

@toastiecheez I was interviewed for a scholarship so I found out in January. I got 12 As for GCSE and I’m predicted 4 As at A Level

@LFC123 Whats your major? I got 6A* 3A 1B for GCSE and predicted 3A’s at A Level. Feeling doubtful for Mech Eng :frowning:

@toastiecheez I’m majoring in Maths so I’m in Dornsife instead

Anyone from Asia know when we can expect the mail packages to arrive?

Do any of you happen to know how heavily, if at all, demonstrated interest is weighted by Admissions?

@JorahTheExplorer The package will be sent via courier and should arrive a week later, based on our experience last year.

ugh i have no hope anymore

@WoleSoyinka @CADREAMIN - I stand corrected. Yes, the portal changes Sunday 3pm SG time last year, not Saturday as I shared earlier. Thank you for the inputs.

anyone know anything about presidential notifications? By mail or portal?

@charcoalatey2021 not at all

Sorry if this has been asked before but do admission chances depend at all on the popularity of your selected major? My first choice is anthro and my second is human bio, neither of which seem super duper popular, so all other things equal, would I theoretically have a “better chance” of getting in than someone with a more popular Dornsife major (bio, English, history, etc.)?

^no.

@menloparkmom Thanks! So what about Dornsife vs Viterbi (etc. etc.) applicants? Are their applications judged separately?

@Chips99 As to entrance/admission into the university overall, the answer should be No. But as for entrance/admission into a specific School within USC, well the admit rates to various Schools within USC can vary widely. I suspect that is what you mean by popularity. The # of spots available for a specific major vs the # of applicants applying could of course impact that decision.

For example, the School of Cinematic Arts has 6 undergrad majors, and the admit rates can vary from 2-4% on the low side for the most competitive majors to 10-12% for others. Overall, people tend to say that getting into SCA (4-6% generally) is harder than getting into Harvard Law School.

In your case, the university overall should render one admission decision, and if favorable… you will either be admitted to USC and as “undeclared” or admitted to USC and into major #1 or major #2.

Good Luck

@WWWard Thanks so much!!! :slight_smile:

@WWWard Honestly, thank you so much for all of your advice/knowledge/support. You are so patient and kind!