***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

56,000 applicants this year!!

@momof3co where did you see that? :0

@filmstudent2 that number was quoted by admissions in the letter that was sent in January regarding scholarships

Does anyone still have preapplicant in the URL? i have applicant-freshman, just wondering…

Applicant freshman seems to be what people see in the URL

@filmstudent2 The reference to 56,000 applicants was in a response that Admissions posted on Instagram below the video they posted this morning. Also confirmed they are not sending decisions via email. Watch mail or check portal to see a copy of your letter 3/26.

Was the my USPS package tracking theory confirmed? I just checked and I have nothing incoming.

@carreraj106 They have not been mailed yet and you cannot track them. They would never let anybody track them.

In another thread someone mentioned that letters – but not “flat envelopes” like the acceptances – can be tracked, so could you possibly track a rejection?

@mayamurray my nephew applied as an econ major

When anyone else clicks for the status of FA application on the portal, is there a pop-up for year submitted? I know this probably isn’t an indicator, but it’s odd to me because it just started asking me today.

@tito17 I got the pop-up as well. I feel like these things never actually mean anything but I really wish they did lol

yeah i have that too @tito17 (we choose 2017-2018 right? just confirming xD)

do you both know if you just started getting the pop up, or have you been getting it for a while now? @Chips99 @TrivNation

i last checked day before yesterday and it wasn’t there for sure @tito17

The pop-up is new for me too! @tito17

I’m fairly sure everyone has it! :slight_smile: (I do as well, ahaha)

I got a pop up as well. Pray this means acceptance but in my heart I know this means nothing :frowning:

@tito17 Same here with the pop up… @TrivNation I have no idea and I’m so confused I don’t want to mess anything up… They’re just telling me to select a year with no context. So I’m probably going with 2017-2018

@PolarKode dont worry bub, i checked. it comes up every time again and has no effect on anything. still 2017-2018 seems to be the obvious choice.