***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

New people – please read even just 3-5 pages of the thread before you post a question! We’ve answered the same stuff tons of times now. Thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve been following this thread since the beginning and I just wanted to say good luck to everyone. You all deserve the best. Everyone has been so helpful in this thread and I hope you all end up where you belong! Good luck!

I live in Texas and followed the scholarship round back in January. At that time the USPS map had the bulk of the country in a 2-day window/delivery time on their website. I just looked at the map today and it appears the bulk of the country is now estimated to be 3-day delivery window! I realize this is an estimated timeframe but that could result in receiving (if accepted) packages as late as Monday? Has anyone noticed this change in their delivery map or has the bulk of the country always been 3-day?

USC Admissions just tweeted “Congratulations to our newly admitted first-year students! #IGotIntoUSC” I feel like it wasn’t smart of them to tweet that bc now they will get a lot of panicked responses before it’s even in the mail…

My applicant portal says “Thank you for applying to USC!” I know I shouldn’t be trying to look for early indicators but I’m a nervous wreck; do you think that means anything or does everyone have that?

@charcoalatey2021 is it at the top on the red banner with the text in white?

@PolarKode Yes! Do you think it is indicative of something?

@charcoalatey2021 Sadly no, I believe I’ve had that since I submitted my application.

@PolarKode Hm okay. Thank you! At least it’s not a bad sign haha

@charcoalatey2021 I know (I almost had a mini heart attack) we’ve all been so tense lately. And I always find myself keeping a tab of this forum open to see any updates (and it’s not like I don’t check every minute or so…). The effects are positive and negative

Hey this may be a really stupid question lol but if I live in a one day zone (about 30 min away from usc) is there a way I could go to my local post office in the evening and ask em if I got anything

@filmdilm I live the same distance away and wanted to do that but my mom said it wouldn’t help since USC had disabled tracking. No idea if she’s right.

If you are not accepted, will you receive a rejection letter the same day everyone receives their acceptance packages?

@younghollywood Acceptances are mailed with priority shipping, whereas rejections are mailed with regular snail mail, so acceptances arrive first. On the USPS website you can look up what zone you are in (1, 2, or 3 days) for priority shipping to see when you should expect an acceptance package.

So if I don’t get a letter on Saturday should I assume that I was rejected?

@PolarKode Me too! I’ve been refreshing this thread as if it’s my job; I’m super nervous and hoping for the best but not really expecting good news :confused: Good luck to everyone though! You all deserve to be accepted and USC would be lucky to have you all in its freshman class.

(The map says I am two days away for shipping)

@llw333 I really would not worry about that–they just want the grades one way or another. Our school was very late sending mid-year transcripts so S emailed to ask if USC had gotten it. Response was that if he filled out the mid-year update himself that was all they needed, and it didn’t matter if they got the high school’s update. So I’m sure the reverse applies as well.

@charcoalatey2021 chug lol

@mimimo7890 wait till your portal updates on Sunday to really be sure. weekend mail can be funky

what map are you guys talking about