***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

USC financial aid office requested more info from me. Is this maybe a hint that I got in or does the financial aid office still ask for documents even if I did not get in

Additional financial aid info doesn’t mean anything they probably just need more info in a certain section

@CADREAMIN I sure hope so! I live less than 5 miles away from USC so I would believe I’ll be receiving admission/rejection in the mail very soon! Staying away from the mailbox will definitely be a hard task

I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find it on recent pages.

Does anyone know how many Spring Admits they usually do? Also, do Spring Admits get the same acceptance package in the mail. Just trying to think about all options!

400-500 spring admits. I don’t know about the packages…

I believe they do get the same package.

@CADREAMIN are you kidding? We’ve been like that for the past three months

Does USC really have admissions deliver a few personal acceptance boxes like it shows on its posts?

@atty yes

Spring admits get same package. If ya’ll have questions on spring or Trojan Transfer Plan we can chat about them after results are up…

Ha, so true at @PolarKode, no doubt!

Have any international students received an email from DHL yet?

I am just curious. Will we get a phone call from our admission officer… if we get accepted… I really wanna just make a phone call to the office and to ask if I am accepted… I just cannot do anything right now …

Hey what comes up when you guys click on “check the status of your financial aid application.” When I click mine it says select year and its 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 and tells me to press submit.

has anyone noticed that USC deleted their tweet and post on Facebook about sending the acceptances

USC Admission on Facebook deleted their “decisions are in the mail” post and @USCAdmission tweeted this morning Congratulations to all newly-admitted applicants and deleted it as well (just realized someone else posted this lol)

@ribs123 uh oh

It is really great if the student can find the box/get the mail (maybe parents can sneak peek but leave it for them to find/get). I have written about this before - but seriously, one of top 10 parent memories is letting my son out of the car to get the mail (sorta rural - so mailbox is end of long driveway like on the commercials ha). I had him start getting mail at beginning of college season so it didn’t seem suspicious to ask him. I still see it in slow motion in my mind - he unknowingly gets the mail like everyday. As I sit in the drivers seat waiting, he walks over, he opens the mailbox and looks in, then stops for a second (the moment of, “is that what I think it is?”), looks back towards me with this expression and this look in his eyes that are unforgettable - then looks inside again and reaches in, pulling out the giant bright yellow/golden envelope (before they did white boxes). Seeing that in his hand and the excitement on his face - that moment of pure joy - priceless. I didn’t ruin it or miss it by trying to get a picture or take a video - I let it play out - and it was the best.

They did the work to get there, imo (for what it’s worth) I think the moment should be theirs as much as it can be. If it comes in the mail, I would try to avoid texting them at school about it (dull way to find out). And the quick results of portals have their positives, but gosh, it really is a boring, anticlimactic way to get big news. Let them get the package - that is why USC goes through this very painful process - for that single moment.

I wish you all your very own moment, however it plays out!

@ribs123 @dg2017 My guess is that the received about 100 phone calls from applicants asking if they should have received something by now, or when it would show up, or one of the many questions pondered on this thread… so they took the posts down to just make it stop. :slight_smile:

Saturday is my daughter’s prom and also the apparent D-Day for mail delivery here in FL, if it comes. It would be a shame to have to ruin her day potentially – as USC is her clear dream school scenario – but I cannot escape it… as she knows it is either on its way or not.

Good luck to all on this thread. My older daughter is a junior at USC and loves it. Just hoping that we can keep it all in the family…