***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@schnitzer212 There is no way that is true lol

@schnitzer212 NOOOOO! Just wait for it guys, don’t do it that way.

pretty sure they wouldn’t activate the USCids until the portal is updated

^^ that makes sense. i tried it and it didnt work for me btw

^^ me too and I had a freakin panic attack

I think everyone on here fell for that one. Relax, USC knows what they are doing. They have some of the best hackers in their CS program, they aren’t gonna fall victim to one. There isn’t a backdoor way in.

Just before portals update (literally just before) some things start changing and can provide a little clue, but nothing is going to let you know today. Beware of bold posts from users posting for first time - they may be trying to mess with you as in any online forum!

^^YAYYY

For the portal, when it is updated, is there a link to your decision or can you tell immediately when you log into the portal if you are accepted or not?

Echoing @CADREAMIN With nearly every other school opting for just emails and/or portal updates, USC has clung to their traditional “open the box” in-person Admission Decision approach. They are not going to go to all that trouble and then slip up by letting you get a NetID or sign-up for Housing or change your password early. They are a tad more clever than that. Hopefully one or more of the USC AdCom staffers have reviewed this thread though. I am sure that they would find it all quite amusing…

When I was looking at my financial aid status it asks me to select the year even though I did not apply to financial aid. Does everyone have that?

yes ^

@mimimo7890 go back to post #2525 (just a few pages back) - it has all the info there that you are asking about.

thanks!

Here is that post 2525 from @CADREAMIN again…

One more time for the people in the cheap seats:

They are mailing tomorrow (now today) - wooohoooo - they should post the pic of them leaving in bins on USC admissions twitter and /or facebook.

Last year, the first package was received at 10am the following day in socal (would be Friday).

If pattern holds true again this year, PORTALS will update just after midnight PST Sunday morning (Saturday night after midnight). Rejection is a letter in the current messages I believe.

They give 2 full days AFTER the day it is sent, then update after midnight.

The Portal will update to look like this for those accepted:

IgotintoUSC across the top

Admission
Admission Decision
Enrollment Commitment Deposit
Withdraw Your Application
Submit Documents

Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Summary & Tasks (FAST) page

On-Campus Admitted Student Programs
Explore USC
Preview USC
Admitted Student Day
Campus tours

Off-Campus Admitted Student Programs

Apply for Housing

They mail rejections and acceptances at the same time. However, the acceptance packages are sent priority mail (faster), while rejections are thin white letter size envelopes sent regular first class mail (slower), USUALLY arriving a day after acceptances. However, many rejections were received that first day after they were mailed (Friday) in socal at the same time acceptances were received.

YOU CANNOT TRACK THESE - USC DOES NOT PAY FOR THAT SERVICE TO BE ENABLED - they want the mailbox bam!

Internationals are sent DHL - some getting to their destination by day 2 - Saturday. The rest can check portal before package arrives.

If I recall correctly, financial aid didn’t start rocking out until almost 2 weeks after acceptances. That is another waiting game. But first things first, let the acceptances roll…

@WWWard I’m feeling it! Hang in there. Good things come to those who wait.

Best of luck to all of you who are waiting patiently for that magic time when the white box is found in your mailbox. For years I have been a part of this forum and was able to support students in their college journey. Injuries to both arms have limited time on a computer.

Now my arms are finally recovered. Our Trojan family is waiting as well. My grand niece has applied for this incoming class from a high school in California. We join with you in hoping to hear good news tomorrow.

Thanks! @CADREAMIN I hope so…

Georgia Girl!
SOO good to see you posting again!!
:slight_smile:

Wow… 3700+ and 11500+ posts. Now that is a lot of posts. I thought that 1200 was exhausting enough… lol. But - like you - just trying to be helpful and encouraging when possible…

well, 10500 post spread out over 13+ years is not so many.
but yeah, CC IS addictive!!
And our Family owes a lot of thanks to USC!
DS’s greatest wish is to come back to teach at USC!