***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

how do you check?

Click on Admission decision in portal and a new message is there waiting. Not such super news - even with presidential, it will still be more than a UC. She was a NMF so she was guaranteed presidential anyways. Now waiting on UCB (already admitted to UCLA).

Nothing posted yet for my D. Interviewed for Trustee.

Didn’t a poster several pages back, say their D has received an email from USC which said that portals would change at 6pm tonight? (Might have meant exclusively for her D but idk I seem to remember a post like that) Good luck!

@patentj Ya, USC is brutally expensive, but nothing too shabby about UCLA as an option - does she prefer UCB?

@CADREAMIN She is debating between UCLA/UCB for chemical engineering - both fantastic options - she is really excited about both (if she gets into UCB). Her sister is already at Cal (freshman - regent) and is pushing her to go there.

USC admissions blog posted about the process. Go check it out for an interesting read! http://admissionblog.usc.edu/guest-blog-march-is-my-favorite-month/

My son received Trustee - we are thrilled.

Reading that blog post made me feel SURE that I’m going to get rejected. oh gosh.

@patentj
There is something to say for having two at the same school (we did that at USC). So much easier on the parents frankly. We too are waiting on UCB - ahhh they are so late with results, I think I heard the 30th? ugh. Can’t wait for closure, but it is sorta exciting at the same time, so we try not to sweat it too much. My oblivious daughter has no idea when things come out and just waits for a notification or something in the mailbox. Way less stressful that way, she is a pretty chill kid.

@filmstudent2 Ohhh, no worries! I feel the same, but it’s good to be optimistic! Decisions have already been made, so now it’s all about waiting and hoping for the best :slight_smile:

@CGHTeach Wow, congrats!

@filmstudent2 I feel the same way :frowning:

:slight_smile: @CADREAMIN sounds like my son, totally oblivious until he gets an email.

[ Not to change the subject matter, but I screenshotted our posts about Catherine (CathinCollege) and sent them to her via snapchat, and she replied with two hearts… needless to say, I am thrilled as well :slight_smile: ]

Also - that blog post made me lose ANY hope I had (the minuscule amount) about getting accepted to USC. CHEERS!

patent,
Did you apply for financial aid at USC? Did your student apply for any local scholarships? National Merit Scholars at SC do receive the NM $1000 scholarship. In addition, some of the schools award university or alumni scholarships.for National Merit recipients. I know a SC graduate who gave grants to some NMScholars at the Marshall School.

Before making a college decision I hope you will wait until your student’s financial aid/scholarship package for SC is complete.

D got in Emory. Fingers crossed for USC. Heard Rice is sending them out too but no packages shown by USPS. I guess you win some, you lose some.

jeez that blog post was depressing considering I have like a 3.7… Praying that a high ACT score counters it :frowning:

Did anyone else’s financial aid thing change?