***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Can anyone view a package coming from USC through their myUSPS account? People in the Rice thread just found out that they can see a priority mail from Houston which comes from the exact same zip code.

where are you guys seeing the no scholarship thing

@carreraj106 You know, the sad part is that after reading that, I instinctively went and checked my own portal to see if mine, too, would take an extra 0.1 seconds to update #yikes

Just realized my mailbox is relatively small since I live in an apartment. Does that mean it will be dropped off to the front door like a regular package?

Remember that EVERYONE is getting a message on the portal at the same time, whether that’s an acceptance or a rejection. So if the message moved to make way for a new message, it could go either way.

My scholarship message is still under “Current messages” Has this ever been indicative of anything in the past?

The “No” scholarship message is still under current messages for me, as well.

Portal changes mean nothing. I’ve learned that the hard way.

Has anyone from Thornton heard about scholarships (or acceptance) or does that come with the decision in the mailing

@beaglemom Thornton hears along with every other USC school. No USC school has a different decision date than any other.

Still don’t know if I was accepted for the presidential scholarship… does anyone know if it will be up by the end of the night, as there are many others on this post who have been updated as to their scholarship status? I live in Orange county, just an hour away from USC.

@mattsoryal – no word on Presidential Scholarship for us either – maybe tomorrow one way or the other?

Does anyone know if the NTSAF Scholarship invite is a good sign honestly?

Scholarship message is still under current messages for my daughter as well.

Went out… had a few real cocktails vs the virtual chugs here… and as I recheck CC, the stress/angst level is unfortunately higher.

That blog is rather sobering. Of course, last year’s freshman profile was also daunting… yet 56K+ still applied.

Hopefully they in admissions do factor in true interest and potential yield boosters while coming up with the 16% they admit. Let’s face it… it really cannot come down to just #s or stats. The essays, your ECs, etc. all have to matter during the review process.

To me, my daughter is a superlative candidate for USC… but if she is denied that path - then clearly the best avenue for her future endeavors must lie elsewhere. I also tend to be rather fatalistic. So if she is admitted - great… then there is a 98% chance that she will commit. A poor FA package would be the only impediment. But if rejected, despite all of our pro-USC feelings, etc., we will have no other recourse but to turn the page and focus her attentions elsewhere.

It is no longer in any of our hands. So do your best to manage the wait and embrace the decision no matter the result. If rejected… go forth and prove USC and any possible school that also rejected you wrong for the decision. If accepted – and if USC is right for you – rejoice and take on the challenge… as it remains a great school regardless of their decision…

My scholarship message is still under current message and I already have a slim chance of getting in.

Mine moved to message history but I’m going to echo what people have already been saying: USC is almost definitely not stupid enough to leave admissions indicators all over their portals. Everyone just hang in there a little longer! We’ve all come so far!

Human nature is fully illustrated when waiting for college decisions.

^^the ugly side of it too

This might have happened more than a month ago i.e. message moving into the message history. You may just have noticed it today. You all seem so anxious to look for any darn clue. Just wait until Sunday morning.

Are they still going to update scholarship results throughout the night?