***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

I tried it and literally thought my dreams were crushed haha

@sheepishly i don’t think that is right because Viterbi said they have an acceptance rate of 13.5% this year

I’m soooo tired but I keep refreshing this thread. Everyone here is like a family.

@sheepishly Where did you get that info?

Did anyone ever figure out if your “no scholarship” letter being moved to history was a good thing? Because mine did not move and based on what I have been reading it makes me think I got rejected.

@thenewstyped Decisions are made until the last moment, although if it had already been I have no idea if it would be reviewed again. When a student sends in an addition to their application, the counselor has to forward it to my office where it is printed out, barcoded with the student’s information, and re-uploaded into the system with all of the other documents we receive (transcripts, letters of rec, etc.). Although we are handling undergrads, transfers, and grads all at the same time in the same piles, things tend to move quickly and are uploaded within a few days. Thus, the only delay I can see happening is in the counselor reading the email in the first place.
That was really long, but I hope it helps!

ok my scholarship message moved into history but it wasn’t there a couple hours ago

@baldwinhamilton @ETH2355 http://viterbiadmission***.usc.edu/admit/

Take out the asterisks. I remember seeing this figure at the ViterbiEXPO I was invited to. They accepted more last year, but this is definitely an accurate figure.

USC basically shuts off online stuff for the week, so don’t take any online issues as a rejection.

@USCfroshkid thank you so much for the response! it definitely helps, but I’m just slightly surprised that if the counselor finally opened my message yesterday, it was still processed and put into my application hmm

@carreraj106 You’re definitely going to need to be more specific than that. The variety of documents and information I’ve seen is enormous.

@sheepishly The class size is 450, not the actual amount of students accepted.

@SpaceManager01 Oh, thanks for clearing that up <3

@sheepishly i think that might be the number that enrolled because the link below says 14%
http://viterbiadmission.usc.edu/2017/when-are-admission-decisions-coming-out/

@Chips99 Old? Because it changed this year? I know nothing about the new SAT. My score is from 2015

@sheepishly Could be for first year scholarship candidate early admits?

LMAO i have a 22 act and a 3.71 gpa why do I have any hope in getting in. I mean, my essays did highlight my entrepreneurial spirit, how woke I am, my future goals in international business and non-profit work, and hardships in adversity being LGBTQ+ Asian American from a low income community. yikes yikes yikes

@USCfroshkid Do you know if more scholarship notifications will come out today?

@thenewstyped It’s possible they sent it off earlier but did not actually reply to you until now.

@myreeeeen Keep in mind USC does holistic review. GPA and test scores aren’t everything.