***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Can anyone view a package coming from USC through their myUSPS account?

@baldwinhamilton you are so wholesome and precious. you and your soul is what makes this world go round. ilysm

Do you think we could track our acceptance packet via myUSPS? People at the Rice University thread can see if they have a priority mail coming from Houston.

@dewrrrett I don’t, sorry. Different department.

@mfelek someone said you were not able to

chug to those asking about tracking, NO tracking, zero zip nadda never.

@USCfroshkid how many people usually get admitted to Keck for the undergrad majors there?

Retweet!

@UnderTheUmbrella Unfortunately you cannot. USC doesn’t pay for that service.

@myreeeeen <3 Trying to keep everyone calm is what keeps me calm. Freaking out just as much as you guys haha.

@USCfroshkid I got an email inviting me to apply for NTSAF scholarship in January. Is that a sign at all? I submitted my app in Nov.

@CADREAMIN What does chug mean I keep seeing it

To everyone asking about numbers admitted to each school, that is one piece of information I don’t have. What I can tell you is that students most frequently mark down business, pre-med, and engineering on the information cards they send in for more information before applying. That may or may not correlate to the actual number who applied.

@carreraj106 Probably not, unfortunately. They just like having a wide applicant pool for prestigious scholarships.

@baldwinhamilton playing a drinking game by drinking whenever a repetitive question is asked

One more time for the people just joining in. And for those of you that have been here for awhile - hang in there - it’s about to get very frenzied on here starting at about 8:00 as the people on the east coast forget about the time difference and start asking if anyone got a package yet. (Mail folks aren’t out at 8am!)

Last year, the first package was received at 10am PST the following day in socal (would be Friday).

If pattern holds true again this year, PORTALS will update just after midnight PST Sunday morning (Saturday night after midnight). Rejection is a letter in the current messages I believe. They give 2 full days AFTER the day it is sent, then update after midnight.

The Portal will update to look like this for those accepted:

IgotintoUSC across the top

Admission
Admission Decision
Enrollment Commitment Deposit
Withdraw Your Application
Submit Documents

Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Summary & Tasks (FAST) page

On-Campus Admitted Student Programs
Explore USC
Preview USC
Admitted Student Day
Campus tours

Off-Campus Admitted Student Programs

Apply for Housing

They mail rejections and acceptances at the same time. However, the acceptance packages are sent priority mail (faster), while rejections are thin white letter size envelopes sent regular first class mail (slower), USUALLY arriving a day after acceptances. However, many rejections were received that first day after they were mailed (Friday) in socal at the same time acceptances were received.

YOU CANNOT TRACK THESE - USC DOES NOT PAY FOR THAT SERVICE TO BE ENABLED - they want the mailbox bam!

Internationals are sent DHL - some getting to their destination by day 2 - Saturday. The rest can check portal before package arrives.

If I recall correctly, financial aid didn’t start rocking out until almost 2 weeks after acceptances. That is another waiting game. But first things first, let the acceptances roll…

Try to sleep - there is nothing you can do except keep those grades up!

@USCfroshkid It’s alright. Thank you anyways! Guess I’ll just check again tomorrow.

@USCfroshkid Would that mean Marshall applicants have a better or worse chance at getting in?

i thought current messages = acceptance? is it really rejection?

@filmstudent2 Thanks for the info, would love to play. Also, from your username I’m guessing you applied to SCA. If so, I hope to see you around! I applied to Marshall but am going to apply to the Business of Cinematic Arts program pending acceptance.

@carreraj106 Merit scholarships directly through the school of quarter-tuition or more are given through the interview process I’m sure you’ve heard of from others. General invitations to apply for scholarships are usually just courtesy notifications sent out to large numbers of people, and I imagine regardless of admission status due to the short window between notification and decision times. I still get them!