***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

So… my daughter applied to USC and SCA on 8/2/16. USC read the first application on October 22, 2016. Hmmm… for at least 81 days, it just sat there unread. Interesting. I told her there was no point in applying so soon :slight_smile:

ya i got people at my school saying they applied just to see if they’d get in -_-

@lp415306 Don’t stress about it. What’s meant to happen will happen. @filmstudent2 Where else did you both (@filmstudent2 and @lp415306) apply, if you dont mind me asking. I applied to USC, Chapman, Emerson, CCC, and Oregon State.

My one friend is like 4th chair in the nation for the violin and got a private music lesson with one of the professors there before he even applied.

Yo where do y’all live that people apply to USC just for funsies lol

I live right outside Philly

My DS applied. We live in TX…Dallas suburb.

live in San Francisco, I applied to Northwestern (denied), USC, UCLA (waitlisted), UCB, UCSC (accepted), UCD (accepted), and USF(accepted)

Accurate scene right now: https://youtu.be/071ePAoScqU

@baldwinhamilton damn, never thought i could relate to Frank Underwood on such a #deep level

^

Goodnight everyone :slight_smile: I hope you can all get a teensy bit of sleep despite the anxiety

So my school doesn’t offer AP courses freshman and sophomore year and I just read the blog post by USC Admissions stating that on average 8 AP classes were taken or something along those lines. I ended up taking 4 AP courses over my 4 years. Is this cause for concern?

@FightOnTommy16 I’ve heard from various admissions officers at various top schools say that they want to see you take the most demanding classes that are appropriate for you. If your school does not offer something you are not penalize for it.

AP classes are way more abundant in California, where the plurality of their applicants come from, so I think you’re safe. My school doesn’t even offer 8.

My Stats:

ACT: 28

GPA: 4.0 Unweighted

1. Great essays
  2. Great letters of recommendation, but I think I got too many
  3. Great activities
  4. Great internships
  5. Great leadership

Do I have any shot at getting in? I am guessing I am probably getting rejected.

79% of admits have 95th percentile or greater ACT. I am not even in the 31-34 (25-75th percentile range). 53% of admits have 8 or more AP classes. I only have 2 AP classes, no AP exams. AP classes were not the right fit for me at my school, so I only took two of them.

If I try to click forgot password on the USC housing website, it says email cannot be sent.

@jshack9999 if your school offers a good amount of AP or IB classes, and you didnt take advantage of them, admissions will definetly take that into consideration when making decisions. They really like to see class rigor and challenge.

@FightOnTommy16 I’m (kind of) in the same position. My school offers AP classes, but they didn’t start offering the classes until my graduating class had already taken the honors form of said courses and had already received credit for them (i.e. we took geography freshman year, but once we were sophomores they integrated the AP class into our system for incoming freshmen.), so I wasn’t able to take but ONE AP class because all of the others either: A.) didn’t fit into my schedule if I wanted to take the AP Test(s) at the end of the year (I could have taken APES this semester, but I would have had to have dropped AP Calc, and I would have missed an entire first semester’s worth of learning, thus causing me to not be able to take the test for either Calc OR Enviro. Sci.) or B.) They are all for underclassmen, with whom my school seldomly allows us to have classes. It’s a pretty sticky situation, and I wish I could have explained that to the Admissions Officers, but I suppose it’s too late, hahaha.

My high school offered very few AP classes and I got in just fine. I took two classes and three tests, and USC only had one AP score for me when decisions were sent.