***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@KanyeStan111 You do know that USC is a private school right? There is no “in state” or “out of state”.

CADREAMIN and MADBEAN: Wanted to thank you both so much for all of your wonderful advice and knowledge throughout the years. I have been tuning in to college confidential for the last four years! I have a junior currently at USC and my daughter just became a Trustee Scholar last night! We LOVE USC! To all of those who are awaiting decisions, I wish you the best and hope you get the news you are waiting for. Fight on!

Living in LA my entire life I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard people from other states think USC was public! :smiley:

Yes, madbeaan and cadreamin. Thank you! Kept me sane. DD got Presidential and now we just wait out the week for other decisions I really hope she ends up at USC – totally fell in love with it.

@filmstudent2 I feel you! I feel like everyone outside Virginia thinks William & Mary (where I’ll probably go if USC rejects me) is a LAC lol

It’s such a silly misconception to me – like what about the famous USC vs. UCLA crosstown rivalry!? They can’t put 2 UCs in the same city lol! (USC and UCLA are incredibly close together – you could drive between them in half in hour in decent traffic)

@filmstudent2 When I told my grandma I got into UCLA her reaction was pretty interesting. I think she thought UCLA = the UC system; “did you get into UCLA’s main campus or, like, UCLA San Diego?” :))

@chips99 UCLA SAN DIEGO djcmxkaalwjrjdksksksjsjs (congrats btw)

Scholarship decisions are posted! Mine was up when I checked at 5:32 am.

AAAH!!! I live on the other side of the world and I’m both stressed and excited about USC’s decision . I have my mocks coming up next week and I can’t get myself to study cause my brain just looks like a trojan helmet right now

Adding on to the talk of USC being private, but feeling extremely integrated into LA: I go to a California public schools in a Los Angeles suburb and when SC played in the National Championship against Texas for football (2006) my 1st grade class dressed in either USC or UCLA clothes understanding that 85% of us had parents that had gone to one of the schools.

The private part is a bummer in that it doubles the sticker price, but when you walk on campus you understand where the money is going (small classes, faculty access, new buildings, etc.).

@Egga Chug. You CAN NOT track the packages whatsoever. USC does not pay for that feature. They want the surprise to be an ACTUAL surprise, hahaha.

Can we all be in this girl’s position - getting mad bc she got accepted to Princeton & Yale haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2r90T2pcpM

All I’m hoping for is for USC

She got into Princeton and Yale and I’m over here stumbling to get into my safety schools, I love life.

I am absolutely bowled over by USC’s campus every time I go. You really can tell where the money is going.

As for me none of my family has gone to UCLA afaik. However, my grandfather and all three of his children (so including my mom) went to USC. My parents actually met at USC so I wouldn’t exist without the school lol

Anyone who has applied to Viterbi should listen to yesterday’s Viterbi Voices 35 minute podcast, where admissions reps for the Engineering college spoke. I found it on the Viterbi Facebook page. At a 13% acceptance rate, I wish I could be more optimistic for my S.

Usc please pull through pleaseeee

I cant concentrate today…my son has to work during the day tomorrow. Planning on peeking in the mail to see if it comes and if is there hiding it so when he looks in the mailbox its not there! Then when he comes in the house have it displayed in lights in the middle of the family room! hahahahahahhahahaha! I know its mean but it would make a great video! This is a dream school for him…I think we would all pass out if it happened! Good luck to everyone!!! Hoping they take a chance on an amazing PA film student!!

My parents met at USC too