***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Good luck to all the Day-One zone applicants today. We, here in FL, have at least one more day to wait.

It is probably not related, but our house is surrounded by a bunch of owls… and they are all holding little envelopes. Any significance? Or maybe that’s Rice lol or Hogwarts.

We have heard that Rice is mailing out theirs too. Does anyone know what they are? hopefully not similar white boxes…

I’m so close to USC I’m going crazy! wish they would just put me out of my misery

Where do you see the map with the X-day zones?

@filmstudent2 - I was just going to ask where you are located, so you are on watch duty for real. Thinking good thoughts!

Like this who package thing is great if your accepted but for those like me who are going to get rejected it will be so much worse lol

@gabrielmgea https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/

Each time I click the link for the map the page loads and it’s just blank ahh

@hithisismyusername you have to scroll down from the blank portion

Thanks!

@CADREAMIN thank you!! I am <15mi from campus.

Just to sum it up - In CA, Norcal and San Diego are primary areas that are day two, where most of LA is day 1. I have seen Claremont and Irvine be day one or two. Large urban areas across the country including midwest can be day 2, you will see some on Chicago/St. Louis and surrounding, Atlanta, larger areas on east coast (Philly/NYC, etc), and even some FLA cities get day 2. Those further out of urban centers may be day 3 in those same states where there is some day 2.

Of course, the mail can be unpredictable, so it is just a waiting game at this point.

@Capecodder2014 hahah wow I am an idiot, thank you!!!

@CADREAMIN We are PA and 2 day! So fingers crossed for tomorrow for us…excited to watch it all unfold!

@hithisismyusername You are soon to be a student at USC, I seriously doubt you are an idiot :wink:

ORANGE COUNTY…STILL NO MAIL…

Sometimes they deliver acceptances in person to close LA folks - like Publisher’s Clearinghouse - not sure if they are doing that this year or not…the videos of that are funny. I think the kids are overwhelmed and the camera is on, so understandably it can be super funny or somewhat awkward. I always hope someone is going to go really crazy with it and run screaming down the street. But I also wonder if while some kid is getting filmed, he is standing there smiling and really thinking, “I guess they don’t know I’m actually going to Stanford.”

If this is any of you this year - have fun with it - go wild!

I wonder when they’ll arrive in Europe… DHL should take 3 working days…

@Capecodder2014 you’re great :slight_smile:

@heluim9 - Only a guess, but I think they sneak the int’l out early sometimes. I have seen UK people get it on day 2! But plan on portal Saturday night after midnight (Sunday morning).

What time do you all get mail in So Cal anyway???