***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Idk if there was any real validity to the thing about the scholarship letter, but mine changed from ‘current message’ to ‘message history’ today

^ means nothing

@younghollywood probably monday, but you will find out on the portal on sunday.

I’m in the Fort Worth Texas area
The priority mail delivery times recently changed and now the bulk of the country is 3-day delivery
It appears we will have to depend on portal updates and not the “mailbox surprise” experience
I don’t know if USC admissions is aware of the changes to the USPS delivery schedule

Would anyone else much rather prefer a portal update at a specific time prior to the mail? Man, the delivery system is too unpredictable and therefore unfair to both accepted students and, especially, rejected applicants.

It’s fantastic for those that get in. It’s brutal for those that don’t.

If you call USC admissions, will they tell you if you got in or not?

now how holistic is usc as they claim to be? like does anyone know someone who got in to usc with low stats as in like a 22 ACT or like a 3.5 GPA?

@UofMorMSU i am going to ask the same question too lololololol

@portalupdateplz I haven’t received the SDA invite either but from what I have read upon I think they are trying to send the invite with the acceptance packet this year. Best of luck for your D !

My dad, uncle, and several cousins and friends are alum! (All of whom graduated with above 4.0 GPAs and tested within the 95th or above percentile) USC is very understanding and holistic in their application review, but seeing as how it is a highly selective school, I think it will significantly lower your chances of acceptance with any stats considered below average. However, nothing is ever impossible! Fight on :slight_smile:

@Marry9898 If you call, lemme know if they tell you or not.

oh snap mine is in message history… is that bad

@Azurite27 people think that where you go to college defines you, but it really doesn’t man. Take that passion you’ve exerted thus far and kick ass wherever you go!

^ still means nothing just like we have been saying

@marg928 I meant is getting into USC harder or easier than it is to get into UCLA out of state. Sorry for awkward phrasing

Thanks for holding the course @filmstudent2 - I had to get some groceries :slight_smile:

@KanyeStan111 He’s talking about the scholarship message thing, doesn’t matter if it was moved or not

International student: accepted with 34 ACT, 3.83 GPA. No scholarships.

USC has a lower acceptance rate I think but I don’t think that means anything