***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@wwward I do. I am waiting for pigs to fly outside my window first.

@filmstudent2 I do not recall now… were you one of the SCA applicants who had a faculty interview by phone or skype?

@CADREAMIN well, you never know. does she have a wish list ranking? I am sure almost anyone would have to seriously consider Stanford if you become one of the lucky 5%. I asked mine about it today though, and she said that Stanford would likely still be behind USC and Yale. So everyone has their preferences :slight_smile:

@hopefulfilmstudent Yes. The mailman dropped it off right before sorting the regular mail on my street.

and to everyone, don’t lose hope yet! It’s possible your package barely missed the cutoff to be delivered today.

San Diego and Seattle are both 2 day zones - so tomorrow.

Did anyone try calling the office and asking them?

None of my friends (including myself) in the areas of LA and LA County have gotten acceptance packages or rejections yet. Has anyone in the Inglewood area received anything yet?

so frustrated… I’ve been waiting so long for my USC decision which is supposed to come tomorrow (San Diego), and now I have to go to LA tomorrow. Won’t find out until I get home at night, almost as long as waiting for it to be posted online! Ughhhh

For those of you wondering, the acceptance packages come via priority mail (at least mine did). Delivery times throughout the day are unexpected though (I live in Irvine)

any one hear of a hand-delivery of admissions this week?

accepted to dornsife college (biochem major)!! i’m from vancouver canada

Decision: Accepted

Merit Scholarship, if received: N/A

School/Major: USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences/Biological Sciences

Objective:
SAT: 2110
SAT II: US History (670), Math II (670), Chinese w/ Listening (800)
Unweighted GPA: 3.92
Weighted GPA: 4.55
Capped UCGPA: 4.23
AP: World History (5), Calc AB (4), U.S History (5), Chemistry (2), English Lang. (5)
Senior Year Course Load: AP Calc BC, AP Lit, AP U.S Gov, AP Studio Art 2D, AP Art History, AP Psych
Major Awards: AP Scholar with Honor

Subjective:
Extracurriculars: Art, Link Crew, handful of clubs (Key Club, CSF), that’s pretty much it
Job/Work Experience: N/A
Volunteer/Community service: I volunteer as a math tutor (3 years), volunteered at a library, community service in clubs, volunteered for 2 years for Rose Parade
Summer Activities: Teen volunteer at local library
Essays: 7/10, I hate to admit it, but I did them last minute (literally on the last day). They still turned out pretty decent and I’m sure my passion for my major was well reflected.
Teacher Rec #1: 9/10; it was from my favorite history teacher who previously worked with college admissions so he’s very good at writing recommendations.
Teacher Rec #2: 9/10; one of the top students in this teacher’s class and it was well reflected in the recommendation.
Counselor Rec: 5/10, I don’t know her at all. She even did it last minute when I gave her at least 3 weeks.

Other:
State: California
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: Chinese-American
Income Bracket: > $30k
Hooks: First-generation, low-income, from a minority-majority suburb.

Reflection:
Strengths: GPA, letters of recommendations
Weaknesses: Hardly any ECs. Got a 2 on AP Chem.
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: Class ranking, first-gen, from a low-income public school
Where else you are applying or have already applied: Still waiting on Berkeley
Accepted - UCLA, UCSB (Honors), UCI, UCSD (Chancellor’s Scholarship), USC
Applied - Berkeley
Waitlisted - N/A
Rejected - N/A
General Comments/Advice/Hindsight: Very surprised I was accepted as I applied with the mindset that I was going to be rejected. I don’t think I’m attending if the financial aid package is not enough, as UCSD has offered a very generous scholarship to me already. Congrats to all who got in!

Is AZ a two day zone as well or one-day?

@honeywater congrats!

I’m from the beach cities in LA and nothing came in the mail. I assume i’m rejected :confused: good luck to the rest of you

@invent0210 I also live in Irvine (in Northpark). Does it come with the regular mail or separately? I already got my mail for today and nothing mentioning USC was in it.

@Kaizokura @SpaceManager01 i got in spring too. would love to talk about it since I am a little confused as to how it works

@Vac2017 I checked the USPS site, and AZ is marked as two-day zone, so likely tomorrow.

AZ is two. Socal is only one day area but San Diego is 2.

D just texted me that she got a large priority mail acceptance package from SC. Daughter was accepted from Amherst and Rice today also. In at UCLA, UCSD and Pomona. WL from Williams and Wellesley. Waiting on IVY day.

Good luck to all and keep smiling.

For those of you gotten the mail acceptance package, has the portal changed for you?