***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Decision: Accepted!

Objective:
SAT I: 1500
SAT II: Math II- 800, Biology- 730
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.96
UC GPA: 4.6
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): I’m in the first quintile in my school, but I’m assuming top 3%
AP (place score in parenthesis): Stats- 5, Bio- 4, English Lang- 5, Computer Science- 5
Senior Year Course Load: AP Physics, AP Calculus AB, AP English Lit, AP Spanish Lang, US Government, Modern Dance
Major Awards: National Merit Commended Student, CSF Sealbearer, AP Scholar with Distinction

Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Math and Science Club (VP), Robotics (co-captain, head programmer), Community Service Team, internship at doctor’s office, etc.
Volunteer/Community service: 70+ service hours
Personal Statement: 7 or 8/10, they were good but not spectacular

Other:
Applied for Financial Aid?: no
Intended Major : Biology
State: CA
School Type: private
Ethnicity: Indian
Income Bracket: $200,000
Hooks (URM, first generation college, research, etc.): nope

Reflection:
Strengths: definitely my GPA and SAT
Weaknesses: so-so ECs and volunteering
Schools were you accepted to? UCLA, USC, Occidental, UCSD, LMU, Mount Saint Mary’s
Schools you were rejected from? Stanford (idk why I bothered applying there lol)
Schools you are waiting for? UC Berkeley
General Comments: I’m happy I got into USC, though I already committed to UCLA last week :slight_smile:

@will787 Hey are you from the Vancouver area? I’m also an applicant from Canada and I’m just trying to gauge whether or not I will be accepted :frowning:

@sheepishly my friend in the Inglewood area got a packet and was accepted. I didn’t so I’m assuming I wasn’t admitted

@RoonilWazlib99 I’m in the South Bay also and I didn’t recieve anything but my friend did so I don’t think I was admitted

Anyone in norcal get anything today?

i’m just not even gonna check this thread that often anymore because my essays are really the only things I have going for me. smh

@CPCali All portals change at the same basic time… early Sun AM - LA time.

Anyone from Inland Empire hear back?

wait why are some people getting accepted for spring semester?
since there’s no waitlist, this being accepted for spring semester basically their way of waitlist or something

@stephlopzxo Yikes… I’m trying to stay hopeful, but I guess I should be real and just take it as a rejection :l

This guide to surviving freshman year at USC is sooooo helpful!! http://thetab.com/us/usc/2017/03/24/unofficial-usc-freshman-year-survival-guide-4757

No the portal hasn’t changed. I don’t thing it will change until USC updates it on Sunday.

@WWWard thank you for the clarification.

Step one for surviving freshman year is likely being content with your USC Housing assignment. Here is my CC exclusive tip that we learned from USC Housing 3 yrs ago… and it worked for my older daughter then. Find a roommate (she found hers here on CC)… and agree on your preference options exactly in order 1-5. You will make USC Housing’s job easier, and you are very likely to get one of your top choices. She and her roommate got Choice #1.

@CPCali you’re welcome

I’ve been accepted and my portal stayed the same. For those dying to know, my scholarship info message from January has moved to the History. I don’t think there’s a correlation though.

For those just joining our regularly scheduled program:

NO CORRELATION between where the “no scholarship” letter you received in January (for those that applied by Dec 1st) is now or was. If it stays in Current Messages or moves to Message History, or has done that in the last week, or does so today, it has no bearing on whether you are accepted or not.

Accepted!!! Marshall Business

GPA: 4.0
Weighted GPA: 4.5
Sat: 1520 (790 m 730 r/w)
Sat ii: 800 math ii 800 chem
11 APs: chem (5) micro econ (5) macro econ (5) world history (5) human geo (4)
stats, spanish, calc bc, environmental science, lang

Accepted: UCLA, UCSD

@lostinlife2021 Im from Van!

@SomedayIwill it came with regular mail. Mine was with a bunch of other stuff (I live in Turtle Ridge area) and not sure why you didn’t get yours yet.

@CPCali nope, my portal still says no new messages

So if I didn’t get the package today and I live in CA I most likely didn’t get in?