***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

are these letters sent out only to accepted students???

do rejections come in the white box packet things or is it just an enevelope?

Forgot to post that we live in SoCal…30 minutes south of SC.

@someusckid So, any insider’s scoop on the admit rates by School this cycle? We’ve heard 16% overall.

@WWWard I just know Viterbi is at 14%

@yamel both were mailed. Acceptances were priority mail. Rejections were regular mail and may take a day or two longer to arrive…

@choiboi12 envelopes

Thanks, @ETH2355

Decision: Accepted (Spring)

School/Major: Marshall Business

Objective:
ACT: 33C
SAT II: none
Unweighted GPA: 3.60
Weighted GPA: 4.29
AP: Calc AB (5), Psych (5), Lang (4), Biology (3)
Lots of extracurriculars, president of multiple clubs, NHS, etc.

Not sure whether to be excited or bummed. I love USC, but don’t want to miss out on freshman year. I am surprised I was considered for Marshall though.

Is spring worth it?

@choiboi12 from what I heard, rejections come in small envelopes and acceptances come in a fairly big white thick package. my acceptance letter looked like a thin box

@monarbre @lostinlife2021 Yeah since you both asked. I’m also in Vancouver. Good luck to you two!

@invent0210 @WWWard thank you

A friend of mine was rejected so I can confirm, unfortunately, that those have gone out :frowning:

So if I got nothing in the mail (Norcal) today, I’m definitely a reject? Nice…

no norcal is tomorrow! @futurerapg0d

Wait did anyone from Bay Area get the package yet? I’m pretty sure that we are in a two day zone

I live on a rock in the middle of the ocean (Hawaii). Do you guys think it’ll come in by tomorrow? If anything, the portal updates 10pm our time so I guess either way works ¯_(ツ)_/¯

ACCEPTED FOR BA FILM!!! I LIVE IN LA 10 MIN FROM USC

Accepted! I live in the Irvine area. The package was on my doorstep in a flat white box.
Congrats to the other admits, and for those who haven’t gotten a package yet, don’t give up hope! USPS doesn’t always deliver packages on time and you might be in a different zone (check https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/)
^It’s blank on the top but scroll down and enter USC’s zip code (90089)

Fight On!

@katelynxxc Congrats! What time did it arrive for you?

Accepted!

Major: Physics

W GPA: 4.30 UW GPA: 3.92
SAT I: 700 M 690 E (1380)
SAT II: 630 Physics
Class rank: 2

AP classes taken:
Sophomore: World History (3)
Junior: English Lang (5), Environmental (3), US History (2), Art History (3), Psychology (5)
Senior: Physics 1, English Lit, Calc BC, Comparative Government, Chemistry, Biology

Decent amount of extracurriculars (volunteer work, clubs, CSF, Science Olympiad, etc…) and I believe my essays eloquently conveyed my thoughts on each prompt.

Haven’t applied for financial aid yet. Also asked my chemistry teacher for a letter of recommendation.

Hooks: Hispanic, female, first generation, low-income, and pursuing STEM.

Congrats to those who got in! I live in LA county :slight_smile: