***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@nicolehigriffin They can if they realize they forgot to deliver something, but I really would not hold out hope like that an endure further pain.

@invent0210 you’re not going to get an email or anything until the portal updates for EVERYONE. This happens because USC doesn’t know who got their package or who didn’t. They have no way to know you did so they wait for everyone to see it on their portal to send you any information

Rejection letter came this morning for my D. 4.0uw, 4.9 w, ranked 11/590, 31act, 1450 sat. Leadership, clubs, paying job. Asian. $150k income. I am so confused because she met all the stats posted on the blog. Oh well, she’s handling it better than I am. Her dream to attend LA area schools crushed, chance barely alive with UCLA waitlist. I guess it’s UCSD Engineering for us. She applied to Berkeley but she wants to be close to home.

@mlevy1311 @CheekyNandos accepted in westchester

@anxmom2021 - Sorry to hear that. Last year they denied 3,000 students in the 99th percentile of scores, gpa. Just not enough room and too many perfect stats kids these days. But everything happens for a reason, I really believe that!

There is NO portal update till after midnight tonight for everyone - USC does it differently - they want you to get the mailbox surprise first. Most will get it today, but there will be 3 day zone people that will rely on portal first then get package Monday.

@joooooo8 which area are u from. Bay area ?

anyone into annenberg yet?

Anyone accepted to the Music school?

Anyone in NC? Pleaseee

@CADREAMIN im dying over here! When does your mail arrive? I’m waiting for some good news from you…

is the letter in a big envelope or an ordinary one?

Congrats to all those receiving the good news today on Day Two.

Well… there was nothing at our Florida P.O. Box today from USC, so either the expected two-day priority USPS mail was delayed… or it is simply going to be bad news. Has anyone in FL received an admission yet? If not… I guess that could keep some hope alive.

We will all know for sure in 14 hours or so when the Admission Portals update… Meanwhile, the angst continues. While it may be too soon for a definitive post-mortem analysis or reflection, I clearly would not at all be surprised by an SCA rejection… as their admit rates are just super-competitive and any creative major category is highly subjective. But, we would be surprised by an overall USC rejection. Her stats & overall admissions packet were stronger than her sister’s who is presently at USC. But again… with any holistic analysis, subjectivity comes into it.

While we wait, I guess I can do more research on UTexas, Rice and Emory. Plus - there are still 6 more decisions to come, aside from USC. And she at least has prom, etc. to distract her today/tonight.

But we will not fully give up our multi-year quest for an USC admission until the portal changes…

DD admitted

I’m n Florida too. Nothing in the mail. It’s going to be a long night.

Did anyone from MA get anything in the mail yet?

anyone from NY (NYC) get mail today?

@mominfl Indeed it will be. Hang in there.

I guess that there is some glimmer of hope in that they aim to fill the po boxes by 10:30am on Saturdays… at least in our case. So that does not really allow for late arrivals during the day - if that is even a thing with USPS deliveries to post offices. If they were delivering to our home (which we should have requested), that would at least give them more time - many more hours.

Of course, if it is ultimately a rejection… the difference matters little.

Good Luck…

@lvzdays im p sure multiple people post that they got acceptance from NYC

Anyone from IL (Chicago area) heard yet?