***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

They always say February and send them (mail) one of the last two Friday’s in January. @hopeforusc heard the 20th for sending the packets. That would make portal updates the night of the 23rd (after midnight so actually morning of the 24th). That is in line with last few years. However, they are in charge, so it could be the 27th that packets go out. We will know in a few days. Let’s hope for this Friday. Hang in there everyone!

My portal has not worked once and thus I do not know if I am missing anything in my application :frowning: Any suggestions or tips of specific browsers or devices that are currently working with the portal?

@marimba17 My daughter checks via Chrome. And while it has cycled thru down periods before, it has stayed active ever since she cleared her history, cache, cookies, etc a few weeks back…

my daughter’s is still not working on Chrome, hasn’t been for a few days in a row.

@madbean the SAT score percentiles (98 and 99) begins from a 2160/2400 on old SAT and a 1470/1600 on New SAT.

the portal works for me now.

my best friend who got a full ride to USC tells me that the past year it was 22nd Jan (international India). Also his marks were pretty high like 2380/2400. I hope I make it to half with a 1510/1600

@jiffy43 they say that every year. In reality, we’ll most likely see the acceptances in the next 1-2 weeks (possibly starting on 1/23)

For those having trouble checking your application status… USC Admissions states on that page that you cannot see:

“If you are using the Safari browser on a Mac computer or iPhone and experiencing problems viewing a message, please try an alternate browser such as Chrome.”

My portal isn’t working on Chrome either. Guess I’ll try good old Explorer later

@HopingForUSC My past experience with Viterbi’s admissions office is that they’ve been a little on the pompous side and always happy to portray their programs as being more selective than they are. Maybe I caught them on bad days. Glad you’ve found them to be helpful.

@NayaTheVA you may also want to clear your history, cache, cookies, etc and retry. Chrome sometimes needs that…

@someusckid95 I actually think their programs are as good and selective as they portray them, but I agree totally about the pompous comment.

Did anyone get a phone call today from USC ? I did and they called me by my name and asked if i had questions on student life or the scholarship application to give them a call to the private number but I’m not sure what it means I hope something good though!!!

@whateverdudes That does sound good

@whateverdudes - Which scholarship application?

@whateverdudes that probably means you were accepted and are now in line for a merit scholarship. Props.

On another thread – @whateverdudes had reported these stats:1190 SAT and 3.89 GPA.

I think the USC scholarship info as reported by @CADREAMIN has been particularly helpful.

Got an email about sending in additional financial aid info! Prob doesn’t mean anything but I thought I’d report it

@@CA1543 he might have other things like extra-ordinary ECAs or Hooks. We never know what goes inside the head of admission committee. probably it’s just a normal call.