***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@mochiko I don’t think you need a ‘hook’, if I correctly understand the way that word is used in the website. You need more than just good scores and grades, they’ll also consider your ECs, rec letters, and essays, as well as location (is this a hook? Are any of these hooks?)

They couldn’t make the deliberation based on stats alone because too many applicants have great stats. Look at past years. There’s a pretty big range.

There are 4.6 students with 33 act that don’t even get admitted yet get a scholarship. Don’t underestimate how competitive USC is. Particularly for engineering. But they look at the entire app not just grades/scores.

I am flying today and live stream of inauguration was choppy up here so I was glad to have CC to pass the time. Keep yourself busy this weekend - have fun. Nothing you can do at this point but wait. So make it enjoyable time if u can. Senior year will fly by!

Parents, let kids get the mail the next few days. This is their moment! Wish it could come for you all. :slight_smile:

@CADREAMIN does usc use weighted gpa? Does anyone know if the common data is weighted or unweighted? I always assumed the later because it only shows up to a 4.0 (And a little because my school doesn’t do weighted gpa, so I just assume it’s unweighted)

Will students in California receive the packages today then?

Admission letters for scholarship finalists will be mailed on Monday.

@s0meUSCkid95 how do you know?

@s0meUSCkid95 How do you know?

I just called the annenberg admission and asked when will the merit decision will be mailed out and they said at the end of this month. is this varies by school? I really dont think that it will be mailed out today…

@camillepowers @jjmama
I work in an office on campus that is privvy to this information. It does not vary by school and nothing is being mailed today, so don’t bother sitting on pins and needles waiting this weekend. The earliest anyone will receive admission packages will be next Tuesday, with most probably getting them on Wednesday or Thursday. I think that the letters will be posted online on Wednesday or Thursday.

BUT I tried calling Dornsife undergrad admission and they said it is being mailed out today!! and it doesnt varies by each school (viterbi, etc). lol idk why am i so excited bcs who am i kidding my chances of getting it is literally 0. act only 28 even tho my gpa is 4.0 and im apart of the student government. it doesnt help that im an international student (but currently enrolled in us school). on a more positive note, good luck for everyone!!! :slight_smile:

@s0meUSCkid95 so the Dornsife people lied to me…?

@collegeint
I have seen a lot of incorrect information in this thread that has apparently been spread by various schools at USC. None of the schools make or send admission decisions to undergraduates. That is all done by the central admissions office. It doesn’t surprise me that the school-based offices are a little off in their information.

@collegeint
I can’t imagine that the Dornsife office was trying to deceive you, they just don’t have accurate information. Always better to go directly to the source (that is, the central admissions office).

Do you have access to the quantity of packets that are going out? Thanks!

@s0meUSCkid95 Is that the same central admissions office that is still telling everyone that decisions will be sent February 1st?

I haven’t yet seen a report with exact numbers, but I understand that it will be very similar to last year: Around 1,400.

@s0meUSCkid95 I just tried calling the main undergrad admission (as you suggested) and they said nothing will be mailed out and it will just be through the portal on 1st of feb…im so confused…

@collegeint
Admission packages will be mailed on Monday. Anyone who is not being admitted right now (i.e. anyone not being considered for a full or half tuition scholarship), will receive a letter telling them that. That letter will not be put in the postal mail, but will only be available electronically, online through the portal and via e-mail. That must’ve been what they told you about.

@HopingForUSC
The central admissions office is telling everyone that things will be posted on the portal on the Feb. 1. They will be mailing the admission packets on Monday.

@s0meUSCkid95 To quote their twitter account from Jan. 17, “First-year applicants who applied by the Dec 1st scholarship deadline will receive notification of their status in February.” They aren’t saying anything about posting to the portal then; they are saying you won’t receive any notification (letters, too) until February. Not to mention, waiting 9 days (Monday to Feb. 1st) to change the portal would be completely contrary to what they have done in the past. As would not sending physical letters to those who don’t get scholarships.