***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

So nobody has gotten anything yet?

As of 1:40 pm January 23rd, 2017 on the east coast my portal has yet to update. I’m hearing around the 25th so we’ll see how it goes @Swiper902

How do you know that you’re hearing on the 25th? @PolarKode

Please someone say if they know when we will hear (ik no one knows but still). I understand we are all on edge so good luck to everyone

The one person who supposedly works in a campus office several pages back said they were going out today. So don’t expect anything in the mail today.

As of 12:02 PM on January 23rd, 2017 (Mountain Time) the Colorado Portal has not updated/ I have heard lots of different things, but I believe (but there’s a good chance I might be wrong) that the mail has either gone out this morning or is going out this Friday (the 27th). Has anyone heard different?

I live 5 hours away from usc, so I believe I’ll get a package 2 days after they’re sent

If I am to get one

@yungalien I meant I’m hearing people say that decisions could be out around the 25th

hindsight is 20/20, but I have a theory why admissions didn’t want to send it out on Friday. The enormous downpour of rain in SoCal would have messed up a lot of the surprise boxes! My ds received his box last year propped outside of the mailbox (because it didn’t fit inside) and it would’ve been a soggy mess. Another SoCal mom told me that her dd’s box was placed on her porch, would’ve been the same result.

@youcee

That person would be me. And yes, they’re going to be mailed today. Local people may begin receiving them in the mail tomorrow and most others will begin getting them on Wednesday or Thursday. The letters will be posted to the portal Wednesday or Thursday.

@s0meUSCkid95

Thank you for the much-needed clarity. I think I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate it.

Is anyone else having a problem logging into the portal? I’m getting a database error.

@CARacing My daughter’s said…

This system is currently experiencing delays due to heavy volumes. Please check back later. We apologize for any inconvenience.

But now it is back up. In other words, too many people checking their status simultaneously… :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they did what so many other schools do and update the portal at the same time they mail the packages?

Over the last several years, portal updates were 3-4 days after mailing…I would love to see that change this year!

While a few get the wow, thousands don’t and it seems like a lot of unnecessary stress. It’s just not a pleasant period for most of the applicants. I get the tradition thing and the surprise factor, but I think that ship has sailed and it is time for more modern processes. imo.

^^^ indeed

Thanks @s0meUSCkid95 for the inside scoop!

Ah, so nervous! I’ve been checking this thread all week, it’s the only thing getting me through finals. If they do post it online, I feel like I’d rather see it in the mail. Might just avoid the portal all together.

@wwward Look at Gateway, much closer than Lorenzo. The Lorenzo owner/property is having $ problems and the shuttles are not that great to deal with. While Lorenzo is known as a resort (thus the financial issues) Gateway has lots of perks too and is almost on campus (outer edge), has huge wading pool/outdoor area with TVs, fitness center, dependable mail service. Just across the street from one end of campus. There is a girl named Katy (if still there) in the rental office, she is very nice to work with. My S had that downtown view shown on the website (just a few have that cause it is just one end of the building that does, they got lucky), that could have been taken from his apartment! So gorgeous at night.

http://livegw.com/

@WWWard Unless USC doesn’t know how to build a database server (which I’d seriously doubt), you don’t get a database server error because of high website traffic.