***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@pristinechris I would think it depends on your mailbox size. Box Size: 9 in X 11.5 in X 0.75 in

@menloparkmom context, context is everything. The comment was saying we already KNOW what they want in terms of stats, so hearing the numbers isn’t as helpful as the ECs.
As much as feel most of the sharing is nearly useless, sharing ECs can ward off the inevitable ‘why did you get invited and not me???’ Posts and comments (I’m not sure how frequently this happens but I’ve seen a few on here from past years). ECs are everything. USC has a very competitive applicant pool.

Portals won’t update till later this week. Likely Friday night 1am (so Saturday morning) is just my guess. Maybe Thursday night but they like to give time for packages to arrive so it could be Thurs or Friday after midnight.

Thanks!

Congrats! Enjoy the moment!

I looked at the USPS tracker thing (like how long it will take a package to get to your area), and @digididengdeng is from Ventura County in CA, which it said will take two days instead of one. Those in other parts of California or even closer parts in Arizona, Nevada, or Utah should check their mailboxes too just in case!

Congrats to @Debateislove and @digididengdeng thanks for sharing your news with us. Good luck on next steps.

So nice to see results start trickling in. Congratulations to all those who have received good news so far!

Someone started the results only thread, should anyone with good news be inclined.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-southern-california/1957315-usc-class-of-2021-results-only.html#latest

FYI: If it would help someone that is doing the USPS tracking.
I have the My USPS to the proper address but not DS name. There was no scheduled deliveries when I checked earlier in the morning.

You currently have
no scheduled deliveries.

It appears you have no packages being shipped to the address you provided during registration. Please continue to check back for updates or you can enter USPS Tracking® numbers into the box above labeled Add a New USPS Tracking® Number(s) to add packages to the dashboard.

I live really close to USC, closer than either of them, and didn’t get anything…

Called admissions and was told that the portal will be updated by the 26th.

@literaturechoi I would guess that you didn’t get the scholarship then, but I may be wrong! We will know for sure by Thursday, but if some are already getting them in Cali, then that would be the most reasonable guess. But remember, that doesn’t mean that you are rejected!

are the national merit semifinalist half-tuition scholarships going out now too? Is that different from the presidential scholarship?

I’m a national merit semifinalist, so if I don’t get a white box, does that mean I won’t get the half-tuition scholarship (pretty much rejected)?

I remember this anxious moment from last year very clearly. I would like to share our experience for those who are NMSF (and likely NMF) and USC is your first choice. My S received the acceptance packet around this time last year. Though accepted, he was not being considered for the full ride or the Presidential scholarships. So you can get an acceptance letter now but denied for the scholarship interview. However, my S became a NMF and then named USC as his first choice. He is now a freshman at USC with a NMSF Presidential scholarship (1/2 tuition) living in Birnkrant (he loves USC and BK). He has signed up to live in the Village with 5 of his friends, and I believe the sophomores will get priority over juniors/seniors in housing lottery at the Village. Good luck to everyone!

@literaturechoi there’s always the chance. Every bit of college mail I’ve recieved has come half open via a neighbor around a week after it was delivered to them by mistake (I’m serious. Literally everything that wasn’t just an advertisement). Point is: It could be lost, late, or in the wrong box. Whatever happens, you’re awesome and were probably completely qualified. College admissions get more competitive every year. It sucks, but we’ll all get through it.

@theonthe no. It just means you didn’t make the cut for scholarships. They’ll still consider you for regular admissions, and if you make THAT cut, you get your scholarship.

@menloparkmom - @TreeLights already said what I was about to say about my earlier post. most kids who are hoping for merit aid already have strong stats and most of them have wide variety of ECs. so comes down to how USC values them and then how kids articulate in the essays. My DS is high stats with achievements in every EC he participated (state and national recognition), but I have seen lot of kids with similar stats and achievements getting rejected for admissions and merit.

@theonthe, the NMS are technically different from the Presidential even though the award amount is the same. If you don’t get a white box this week please know that you are definitely still being considered for regular admission, and if you are accepted then you will be automatically awarded the NMS 1/2 tuition. You will also be eligible to request housing in the new McCarthy Residence. You just have to wait until April 1 to find out. Does that make sense?

Thanks for sharing that, @Anamgol . I had the same question as @theonthe and wondered if NMSF who aren’t chosen to interview would get any news. Very helpful for planning a visit during spring break (or not if rejected).

@theonthe No, as long as you get accepted to USC (now or later) AND you become a NMF (I think most semifinalists become finalists, so you will be fine), you will get the 1/2 tuition scholarship, as long as you name USC as your first choice. Good luck!

Does anyone know if the scholarship results coming out before Feb include those
of leadership, Jewish, SCions, etc??