***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Any Norcal kids get a package? My mail either hasn’t come or did but I just didn’t have anything.

@highkeycrying Not 100% sure, but I think only the Trustee, Mork, Stamp, and Presidential scholarship recipients are being considered now.

And I’m guessing scholarship rejects won’t be receiving anything in the mail (and will need to check email)??

So we can get in right now without a scholarship? Like that’s what the letter will say?

@highkeycrying As I posted above, you can still get an acceptance packet but get denied for scholarship interviews. My S received his acceptance packet dated on 1/22 last year but was not considered for the scholarship interviews.

You either get in with a scholarship consideration or you don’t get a scholarship consideration and you’ll hear if you’re accepted when everyone else does in March

“I have seen lot of kids with similar stats and achievements getting rejected for admissions and merit.”

that is because there are tens of thousands of applicants and USC only has a small # of large scholarships to offer, and those are divied up to the individual colleges.
As stated earlier in this thread, overall approx 5% of those who applied by Dec 1 are invited to interview, so applicants have a 95% chance of not getting a small white box.

Anyone who has received a scholarship box before: did u get small indicators beforehand like extra emails or phone calls??? Just curious as some students seem to have

@TikopiaRock28 Yes, that’s what happened to my S. But my S was still very happy and relieved to know that he will attend a college that was among his top choices.

@Anamgol awesome! Congrats!

no mail from orange county today, which means no scholarship. congrats to everyone who got it today and good luck to everyone who’s waiting!!

@menloparkmom that was kind of the point of her post… It always comes down to ECs. She knows her kid, though very qualified, has a slim chance, and wants to hear about the ECs of accepted students.

If you get the package with no scholarship info It means you get the deans 1/4 tuition in this round and don’t interview for bigger one as mentioned earlier. No one just gets an acceptance only in this round.

@treelights - I am a dad :wink: Also, I am not asking for anyone’s stats or ECs. Even with great ECs, it may come down to essays.

@CADREAMIN That’s what I thought. No one gets an acceptance in January unless he/she is getting some type of scholarship. However, @Anamgol is saying that her son got accepted with no scholarship. Do you really mean that he was accepted with a Dean’s scholarship?

@jjmama yes

@srk2017 sorry, I actually thought ‘oh, that might be a dad’ just as I loaded the page (note: adding an apple emoji for some reason cut off my message¿)

Yes. It has always meant that in the past. For many years. Not sure why they don’t say deans but they don’t.

@CADREAMIN My S received his acceptance letter dated on 1/22 but there was no mention of any scholarships, not even 1/4 (Dean’s) scholarship. However, he received another letter from the USC Admission’s office 4 days later (dated 1/26) acknowledging him as a NMSF and encouraging him to name USC as his first choice once he becomes a NMF. Not sure whether Dean’s scholarship would be given out without clearly stating it in a letter, but in my S case, he received an acceptance packet without any scholarship offer.

He would have got deans but it was replaced with the NMF/presidential.