***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@wormholes lol yes 11/30. good luck hopefully you’ll receive yours soon

I think we have to set up the portal ourselves…

http://admission.usc.edu/firstyear/applied/

Click on “Applicant Services”>YouSC Application Status Check>Register

Does anyone know if we have an early decision day? I know we get notified of any scholarships late-January, but if we were rejected, will we be told then or when the rest of the decisions come out?

@financemajor37 Oh are we supposed to do that???

@wormholes I am not sure, but when I did, it linked to my account!

@financemajor37 when i try to do it it says “error: invalid username” :frowning:

my mom just read my supplemental essay and pointed out to me that i had accidentally wrote “conservation” instead of “conversation”… i proof read my essay about 15 times and my dad did about twice, and i just didn’t notice this. Now i am freaking out because i don’t want it to look like i didn’t read over my work… usc is my top school. anyone have any advice??? should i email my admissions counselor and explain or just hope they don’t notice

@wormholes interesting… Did you make sure to hit “create a new account” at the top?

@financemajor37 Got it! when i clicked application status it says “We have received your USC Supplement, but not the Common Application.”…WHAT??? I got confirmation on 12/1 that i submitted the CA to USC and it shows that it was downloaded by USC on my CA. what is going on?!?

@wormholes I have that as well. I definitely submitted the common app (and it says “downloaded 12/2”), so I’m not worried about it. There might be an issue with the portal… It seems glitchy in general (other sections are not working). Who knows!!

@wormholes Don’t freakout, this is normal! As long as the Common App says you submitted both by the 1st you’re fine. If you check again tomorrow I’m betting it will show both received. Mine was like that, too. But now it shows a bunch of stuff received.

Is it possible to double major (with majors in two different schools)? I could only apply to one school, but am interested in pursuing two… Is that possible to do if accepted?

@financemajor37 No, we aren’t told any earlier about rejections. We have to wait until everyone else gets notified.

@HopingForUSC Ahh I understand. Just to be clear— a scholarship offer means you are in, correct? If I get in without any scholarship offers, I can’t attend due to $$$ :frowning:

what is the “youSC” portal supposed to look like? when i sign in, i only see a page with a pic of a girl biking

@financemajor37 Yes, if you get the scholarship invite letter at the end of January, you are in. But, from my understanding of reading through the CC discussion boards, you could still be offered a Dean’s scholarship (1/4 tuition) in April with a regular acceptance.

@camillepowers When I read your message, I read “conservation” as “conversation.” lol. I would not contact your counselor, as that may be a waste of their time. I do not think this will be an issue, as people make mistakes and the admission officers are not going to reject you for it. Now if you uploaded the wrong essay, then you might want to reach out. :stuck_out_tongue: Best of luck!

@financemajor37 ugh ok, thank you. I’m trying my best not to get too stressed, what’s done is done! good luck to you as well :slight_smile:

@financemajor37 @HopingForUSC Ahh ok thanks for reassuring me guys!!!

@foodnetwork journalism - what about you ?