***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@Hickey Do not worry, they are a private university and therefore do not have to follow a strict cutoff by law for deadlines. A friend of mine submitted her application for USC 3 days late and had it accepted. My Vanderbilt application was around 4-5 days late and still made it in too. You are absolutely fine and I think my portal says the exact same thing.

do i keep refreshing the site or log in and logging out

I don’t see a log out button (lol) so I just close it and reopen the link on the Viterbi website to yousc.edu or whatever.

Hey @soulpup, so you didn’t get you package yet?

Oh, and congrats!

trying to remind myself that everything will be okay in the end, but also crying bc this will be my second rejection if I don’t get anything

Thanks for entertaining me guys and gals, I am staying up to watch the Australian Open.

@soulpup Congrats! Also from Seattle area but my portal hasn’t updated.

We will be reviewing applications through the month of March, and we expect to be able to meet our commitment to notify freshmen by April 1st. is this line there for everyone or just me. submitted by Dec 1

@OrthodoxParadox , you don’t think they’d be a little stricter with a scholarship deadline? Also, the deadline was 11:59 PM Dec 1, not 11:59 PM Nov 31, right?

@tito17 @Hickey I applied a few weeks before the deadline, and then realized I hadn’t added my reccomenders on like December 10 (biggest face palm ever), my portal is the same as yours, but I recieved a package from Viterbi in December with a ‘we look forward to reviewing you for scholarships’ letter. Don’t sweat it yet.

For those with updates, is the specifics of your scholarship showing up?

No one has posted that they got the “didn’t get scholarship” message so this is happening in waves. Which means info could be added to those getting scholarships as night (morning) goes on.

@slightlymad I applied by Dec 1st and mine says the same thing. I wouldn’t worry!!

The logout button is at the bottom (you have to click the giant “YouSC” button. I tried logging out & back in, but no changes or glitches

I hope they at lease update it to say I didn’t receive something

@slightlymad Where does it say that?

on the check your application status page

@Hickey No way. Like I said, my friend was 3 days late with her application and didn’t submit ANYTHING. Also, you are correct that it was 11:59 PM on Dec 1st and not Nov 31st.

@slightlymad Mine doesn’t say that… you didn’t receive a decision, right?

@DreamforIvy no.

@DreamforIvy when you log in and click the check your status button, what does it say?