***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@DreamforIvy when did u submit ur application. I did it on 1st Dec

That is the standard info that has been on there for awhile I believe. What changes is “new message” when you hit application status and it will be a link to a letter. But no one has reported that yet.

@slightlymad so it appears no change yet for you.

@TreeLights Jk, I found it. It’s within the 2nd large paragraph, right?

@DreamforIvy I’m pretty sure I had that even before scholarship decisions came out so don’t worry. I have the same message in my portal right now.

I still haven’t gotten a decision. Does that mean what I think it means…

[-O<

still no portal update. i think i am doomed

@Swiper902 I think we didn’t get it, but we’ll know for sure by tomorrow morning. :confused:

It doesn’t mean anything till portal updates, hang in there @swiper902!

Come on guys, last year it was updated PAST 1 AM PST! We have a long long way to go. Plus, you can’t assume no update means you were deferred… They would attach a message that says you were deferred. Until at least ONE person gets that, there is nothing that could possibly imply we were deferred.

Yeah I think they will update those who don’t receive scholarships later… maybe at like 1?

@CADREAMIN we will hope till it gets updated

I think @soulpup is waking up everyone in his house about now, maybe even all of Seattle. :slight_smile:

@CADREAMIN Do we have confirmation of such a “scholarship rejection” letter on the portal this year? Or do we have to wait for the letter to come in person?

nothing. nada. just like the emptiness in my soul when I didn’t see a white box in my mail box

Look on the bright side guys, this is a great opportunity to practice your arithmetic!

It will be on the portal for sure. What has been said is they won’t actually mail one this year. But that would be different, makes sense though.

I go through 2 phases when looking for updates.

The first is when I first log in, I hope for the extra tabs that admitted students have.

After that, I click on Check Application Status and hope there is no attached message ;;;;))))

time to go get ice cream & listen to break up songs

^^^That’s the process…scary as it may be.