***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@woolfolkbj Did it just update?

@OrthodoxParadox i applied to usc, nyu ed2, ut austin, u of michigan (accepted), unc, ucla, uc berkeley and ucsd and ga tech

It’s almost 10 am where I am, you guys should go sleep and maybe wake up for a surprise tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

I hadn’t been checking regularly, I just looked around 4:45 EST and it was there.

@slightlymad Seems like we have pretty similar lists. actually, although I didn’t apply to UT Austin, UMich, UCLA, UCB, and UCSD because they wouldn’t give enough money. I was rejected from GT although I had no intention of attending so my application had zero effort.

@OrthodoxParadox you applied to nyu for rd or ed? maybe we will both get accepted there with scholarships.

@slightlymad RD. I applied ED II to Vanderbilt. NYU is really hard to get scholarships for but your scores are absolutely good enough so I have faith in you!!

By the way, any updates to anyone’s portals?? Still nothing for me.

I just woke up for school… no update = sad day.

rejection blows :frowning:

@OrthodoxParadox yeah i heard somewhere that word generous and NYU are not used in the same sentence.Still Nothing. Will tell you when i Get an update

how does the portal look when its been updated?

@OrthodoxParadox you up there bro?

@slightlymad Hey dude I’ve been waiting still. This is just getting annoying at this point like come on, release them already.

@OrthodoxParadox many friend got it in email. deferral to rd letter

my portal has just been updated with a “no scholarship”

How come everyone’s acting like not getting a scholarship is a rejection…? Yes I understand that some need the scholarship to be able to go to USC. But not getting a scholarship now just means you’ll be considered with the large majority of other applicants. Every year they plan on admitting more than 7,000 additional students after the round of scholarships. None of this is a rejection.

they said they are planning to admit additional 7500 applicants so good news

@mgb1311 unfortunately for students who can’t afford USC, it is a rejection

@slightlymad Glad to know that now, both acceptances AND rejections are being released and I still have NOTHING… Also, @mgb1311 , I have received a C in AP Physics as an engineering major… If I don’t get in right now, I will need to submit a mid year report which will basically automatically reject me… Thankfully my second major is math which I did really well on this semester but I just don’t think my chances are better during regular decision.

@OrthodoxParadox don’t worry my portal hasn’t updated either! I’m in a two day zone and didn’t get anything in the mail so I was expecting the deferral letter, but nothing. And as for your mid year report, you would’ve had to report it if you got in, too. Everyone has to send those.

@mgb1311 Yeah but having your application rescinded is MUCH more unlikely than getting rejected. At that point, you are already accepted so a C wont matter. Right now, assuming I am deferred, I will have to redo the entire process of having my application read and stuff although now, I have much more competition and a C on my record in a subject I’m majoring in…