***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

When you click on application status what does yours look like?

You won’t see anything on the portal that says you applied by Dec.1. If your Common App says you did, that’s all you can go by.

I am seeing some portals still being updated… if we haven’t gotten anything by now, are we deferred to March decision? Or could the portal just be really late?

@foodnetwork - where are you located? My portal has not been updated yet either and I applied early.

@allybob just outside Chicago.

For those who have recently updated with an acceptance but you haven’t yet gotten the package - what scholarship did you get?

Deferred.

@foodnetwork - I’m in Wisconsin. Maybe they haven’t updated the portal for the midwest.

I awoke and finally determined that, as expected, my daughter will still be waiting for a decision until March. For all of you in this same position, please just keep in mind that 87% of everyone at USC now, including my older daughter, and the vast majority of anyone who has ever attended USC did not receive this early admission with scholarship notification.

Looking through the 200+ posts that occurred overnight, it seems like many took not being among the 1200 getting in early with a scholarship offer as being rejected. In reality, it simply means that the other 7800 or so offers of admission have yet to be determined and will be announced in late March.

Three years ago, that was the case too for my daughter… a happy & content current USC junior. And the 87% of all past and current applicants admitted in March are just as much USC Trojans as the 13% admitted in January. My older daughter had a 3.98 uw gpa, 2120 old sat, multiple APs, strong EDs and essays, etc, so she also felt well-qualified for merit consideration, but in her year the 1200 early offers went to other applicants. The same has occurred this year for my younger daughter - with even better stats/credentials.

But stay positive. The fancy admission packets that they send out in March look just as nice and represent the same admission offer. And many of those still come with scholarships, university grants, etc.

Good luck to the 1200 already safely in and best wishes managing the extra wait time for the rest of you. My daughter and my family are in the same boat with you… trying to be patient as we await that final decision…

@WWWard - did she get an email that she was deferred?

literally no updates to the portal ugh. Just rip the band-aid off… I know I got deferred lol.

@Murrre
if nothing on your potal, you are differed to rd not denied

@allybob ughh. I just want to know I’ve been deferred :frowning:

@Murrre if nothing to your potal, you was deferred to rd not deny.

For the people who are deferred until March – has anyone received direct confirmation of their decision on the portal? Mine has yet to change, and I have not received any emails regarding the decision either.

@allybob

Yes. Once they update the portal, they also email you. So you really do not need to keep refreshing and trying to check the portal. The very same letter that they post, if the decision is being deferred until March, will be emailed to you as well. It looks exactly the same.

And I assume, if admission has been granted, the email to you will instead suggest that you check your portal then.

But in our case, the two things – update and email – happened almost simultaneously.

@foodnetwork ughhhh me tooo. I just want to know something :((

Just got the confirmation email – deferred. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!

I’m not sure how much it will cost me to attend without any scholarships, but I’m hoping I will be able to work it out IF I get in :((

Deferred