***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

lol same. do u think they are still going to send out emails tmr?

Do the decisions come out by region? I’m in LA and I haven’t heard anything while a friend applying to the same USC school as me already heard about her decision…

@Sif may I ask if your portal has been updated to reflect your admission? also what state are you from? congrats!!!

@rosalina2427 did u apply by December 1st? If so your portal should be updated.

@CADREAMIN I did, I submitted days before the Dec. 1 deadline. I submitted my Mid Year Report a week ago though, maybe that affected my portal not being updated?

I applied to Viterbi.

I click the Check Your Application Status button, right?

Has anyone applying to Thornton received either a scholarship or a portal update saying you didn’t get a scholarship? (Other than the email they sent last night)

I live in the LA region and haven’t received an email or received a white box. I am so nervous and I’m at school so I don’t want to check the portal. AHHHH!

Yes… @Rosalina2427

If you are being deferred to a March decision, the portal only changes in one way… when you click on “Check you application status”, it then adds a new link to click on…

Current Message:

Information about the Scholarship Process Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017

you can then click on the link and see the same letter being emailed to you.

otherwise, the portal looks exactly the same as before.

For the people who got the white box. Did your portals update with a message?

@perpetuallystressed I think you’ll be fine so long as the rest of your grades are mostly A’s

@thecheesemaniac There is no guarantee that a Trustee interviewee will get a Trustee/Presidential at the minimum. In past years, there have been some students who interviewed for one of the higher awards and received a lower amount, like Dean’s. In your words, it is not an all or half tuition deal.

Our D did not receive the white box and the portal did not update. Should we expect anything to happen now or just wait until March?

Yes me too ^^^^ I didn’t receive anything! I submitted my application on 11/10 and everything was received according to the portal. I’m so confused!

@Madrocks where do you live?

San Jose

I would call admissions and asks if all the portals have been updated, that would be nice to know. It seems it should have been.

@Sif Congrats!!! Can I ask what major you were accepted into?

Can any of those were accepted access the housing application portal? When I entered my ID as instructed and hit “forgot password” it says that “password could not be sent.”

@Sif Congrats. While you may be a little shocked, you should certainly be proud and embrace the process going forward. I would not describe your stats as “bottom-of-the-barrel”, as you put it. USC is trying to look at every applicant holistically and to therefore generate a diverse and well-rounded freshman class. That cannot be accomplished by looking at stats & raw #s alone. Your status as a QuestBridge Finalist and ethnic background may have been extra factors that helped sway admission, but that is part of the reason that they do evaluate a host of factors… ECs, essays, economic condition, URM status, FirstGen status, state of residence, obstacles overcome, etc. We are all more than just a set of #s.

Again… congrats! and do not simply assume that you will never be able to afford to attend. USC has an excellent financial aid office. Wait and see what your final FA package looks like. Hopefully they can assist you and make the Trojan dream possible for you and your family.

Good Luck