***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Is it even possible to be rejected in this round? Lol

alright i’m about to light usc on fire. i haven’t gotten anything in the mail, no portal update, no email!!1!!!1! my major is in thornton (music industry so no audition) so i had to apply before dec. 1. anybody in my shoes?

I did not expect a white box nor did one arrive but my D did get the “Information about the Scholarship Process” email at 9am this morning. That letter is the only change to her portal. There is not change in status to “deferred”. I don’t expect to hear anything anyway as she is auditioning for the acting program on 2/5 but I find it interesting that her status hasn’t changed like many others’.

@marg928 There’s did not change either. The link you reference being added is what they are referring to… which consititutes a deferred decision until March

Status doesn’t really change. Deferred is just the term posters are using. She is still in same consideration.

@Jray2711 call admissions and see if they will give u more info.

@CADREAMIN do you happen to know how it works with students who have to audition into a program? My D is auditioning next Sunday. If they want her for the program do you think they will let her know right away or will she still have to wait until late March with everyone else?

I just found out that my SSN was not linked to my account. Meaning my FAFSA was not connected to my USC application. Would this have affected my chances at scholarships at all? I respect the decision of the admissions committee, but was wondering if it might have something to do with that?

Just got my package at the front door today- selected as a finalist for the Presidential Scholarship! I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but how often do they move presidentials up to one of the full tuition+ scholarships?

@skiingislife4 Probably not, because merit scholarships are given out without looking at anyone’s financial aid profile. Students from high-income backgrounds can get merit scholarships, and students of low-income backgrounds can get merit scholarships.

With a family income of about 120k, family of 6 (2 parent household with 4 kids, 2 of whom will be in college), is it possible that if admitted to USC I would be able to attend without merit?

Also, would these scholarships decrease need base aid being given (just wondering, I didn’t get one)?

@ZBlue17 Did you fill out the FAFSA and CSS profile? It sounds like your family would definitely have some need and could qualify for some aid. And yes, the scholarships decrease need.

@ZBlue17 I agree with the above poster. Having several kids in college increases need-based aid given to families.

If they want her for the program do you think they will let her know right away
no
or will she still have to wait until late March with everyone else?
yes

but how often do they move presidentials up to one of the full tuition+ scholarships?

very infrequently

ADMITTED FOR PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP!! No idea how this happened- 31 on ACT and 94/100 weighted GPA. Couldn’t be happier!

@teddyh congrats!! On your other threads, it says you have a 33 though?

@MSHopeful yes, I submitted the FAFSA and CSS. I don’t think USC will be affordable, even if I somehow get in.

@Jray2711 in the exact same situation - thornton music industry. my portal is the exact same. did you also receive an email from thornton? I got one that was super vague and didn’t actually give any info as to whether or not i am eligible for scholarships, only that they have received my app

@tlf495 yes i got the exact same email! i tried calling the admissions office and it was busy… i really don’t know what to do i just want to know at this point