***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

I know I meant that it’s going for maintenance

So my counselor sends the mid year report, correct? Or do I also have to manually enter it through my portal?

If you know your counselor sent it/is sending it, then you don’t have to enter it. Some people may have wanted to enter it ahead of the counselor (say over the holidays) to be in the consideration for merit awards that went out earlier.

@1StressedOut1 In 2014, my older daughter did not enter it because she knew that her GC had already sent it. But then her USC admission counselor emailed her, asking her to manually input it anyhow. So… there is likely no harm in manually doing so as well. You may recall that USC asks applicants to manually enter all past classes and grades on the Common Application despite receiving official transcripts with the same info. So, it may just be their thing to see what applicants enter.

Or - you can of course also just wait and see if they ask for it this cycle as well. Knowing what happened in 2014, my younger daughter went ahead and did both… manually entered it and had her GC send it.

Has anyone gotten in for SCA Film and Television Production?

really confused with USC’s admissions decisions schedule-- if i applied for no financial aid can i possibly hear back soon or do i need to wait until march

@nycgirl000 Everyone will now be waiting until around March 27-28. There are some cases where applicants get a hint… like when SDA sends out invitations before then for an event later in the Spring. Those invitations always equate to an eventual admission. There may be other indicators, but that is the only one that I am aware of for sure.

Good Luck

Any international trustee or presidential scholarship finalist??

@nycgirl000

This year, USC’s freshman decision letters are scheduled to be mailed on March 23, so some kids will get them starting on the 24th with more hitting mailboxes on March 25th and 26th. If their typical process is followed (which it was with the scholarship admission letters), then the portal will update on the morning of the 26th. No decisions will be released between now and then. Like @WWWard wrote, the Dramatic Arts School may tip its hand with an open house invite earlier, but beyond that, there haven’t been other ways in the past to know ahead of time.

Best bet at this point is to just enjoy senior year and wait for the adcom to do its job. Good luck everyone!

Thanks, @s0meUSCkid95 So a little sooner in terms of announcing this cycle vs in 2014. Excellent.

How did you know :)?

How did how did you know @s0meUSCkid95

@YuukiKurosu1999

@s0meUSCkid95 works in an office on campus that has access to this information.

**Decision: Accepted **

Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): N/A
ACT (breakdown): 34 (Math: 29, Reading: 36, English: 36, Science: 34)
SAT II: USH: 720, BIO-E:770, LIT:770
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.88
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 15%
AP (place score in parenthesis): AP European (3), AP Biology (4), AP USH (5), AP Language (5) AP Studio Art (N/A yet)
IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
Senior Year Course Load: AP Calculus, AP Government, AP Economics, AP English Literature, AP Studio Art, Speech and Debate, Physiology
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): 3rd in CHSSA State, National Qualifier Speech and Debate POI, NSDA Degree of Distinction, AP Scholar with Honor, All-League Volleyball Player

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Volleyball (Varsity, Captain), Club Volleyball (9-11), Journalism (Staff Writer, Staff Artist 10-11), Speech and Debate (9-12, VP Speech, Chair TI), Coached middle school volleyball (Boys, head coach), Piano (like 12 yrs lol)
Volunteer/Community service: Exhibit interpreter at Tech Museum of Innovation (10-12), Coached Middle school speech and debate (9-11, Chair of OI), taught LD debate to migrant ed students (11), VBS leader (9-10), Coached middle school girls vb (assistant coach, 9-10),
Job/Work Experience: Swim Instructor, life guard and CPR cert (12),
Summer Activities: Speech and Debate nationals, taught swimming, beach vb, volunteered at the tech, middle and elementary school speech workshops, painted, composed piano music, neighborhood chalk murals, read, took Japanese 3, took college 2D design course, wrote and published a serialized novel, and blogged poetry, took a college psychology course, hiked, went kayaking, boating and star gazing
Essays (rating 1-10, details): 8/9 ? (idk how to rank, it’s subjective?) I wrote about my obsession with star wars and a shooting I witnessed in Mexico as a kid
Recommendations (rating 1-10, details): idk, wasn’t allowed to see them

Teacher Rec #1: APUSH, loved me bc I was a savage/meme god/ slept in his class everyday but could answer his questions when I woke up bc hypnopaedia (s/o to aldous huxley)
Teacher Rec #2: AP Lit, slightly annoyed by me but likes my fire poetic analysis and appreciation for heart of darkness
Counselor Rec: don’t know her
Additional Rec: AP Lang teacher, liked me
Interview: no, didn’t sign up b4 deadline lmao

Other

Applied for Financial Aid?: no
Intended Major: philosophy, politics, economics (PPE)
State (if domestic applicant): CA
Country (if international applicant): USA
School Type: public
Ethnicity: caucasian
Income Bracket: lol too high for financial aid
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): meme lord

Reflection

Strengths: writing, weird extracurriculars, overall savagry
Weaknesses: gpa, test scores
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: I honestly don’t know, probably essays and ec’s
Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: haven’t heard from anywhere else

General Comments : #ftfo

am i the only one who irrationally checks this page, constantly hoping for an update or the decisions to be magically released? lol

Meee! I’m a Presidential Scholarship finalist. Hoping to get some info on what to expect for this whole interview thing. I’m a little intimidated!!

Something to pass the time till March - don’t have to be at USC to find this hilarious. Don’t even have to read, just enjoy the class name and graphic.

Love the group project graphic, spot on.

https://oneclass.com/blog/culture/10325-10-of-the-hardest-classes-at-usc

Hey, @heysaykayy24 I just wanted to say congrats on your trustee consideration! I’m an SC student and am hosting that night. Although I didn’t apply in time to be considered for any scholarship when I was applying to SC, so I don’t have the experience of going through that interview, I can answer any questions about the process or USC as a whole. (In my opinion, it’s an amazing school.) I look forward to seeing you on the 23-24! If you or anyone else reading this wants to ask me a question or two, feel free to email me. My email is kpapazia@usc.edu. (I’m Katie, btw.)

I am attending the March 8-9 explore USC program. What time do you have to arrive at the event? The earliest flight I could take would arrive at around 9:40 am, and I would reach campus at around 10:30.

Lol @CADREAMIN my D is in 2 of those classes this semester. Poor kid!

@fluffygrape it’s hard NOT to be intimidated But it’s a very positive environment, and they want kids to succeed. Dress professionally, not too trendy. Review your entire application beforehand. There is something about you that they found interesting enough to offer to pay your tuition, and their questions will focus on that. Usually it’s easy to talk about stuff that you are passionate about so take a deep breath and go for it. They may ask you where else you are applying to. Everyone responds differently to this question, but if USC is your first choice, this is an opportunity to let them know. Good luck!