USC Class of 2024 Applicants Thread

Not sure if links are allowed here. Just google “reddit applyingtocollege” and click on the first link. The USC pics will be near the top of the subreddit.

Well just to confirm the info posted previously re how Thornton applicants have a different process, we received an email today that Thornton decisions, including any USC or Thornton merit, would be coming at the regular decision time, by April 2. Makes sense but it still wish there could be an earlier decision since we had to apply by Dec 1 and auditions will be done for some programs this weekend. Oh well.

The reddit link refers back to info on cc often so people are cross checking everywhere. But no doubt, they are out. :slight_smile:

Last question to answer is if Explore is one or two days. @lkg4answers does the Explore booklet give dates? If just single days to choose, we have that answer. Thanks for keeping us informed! The portals won’t be updated immediately, but you will go there to register for your day(s).

@river65 - I felt the same way last year as it was definitely nerve wracking and the wait was brutal. But, when your child picks up that white box and gets to see the letter inside, it will be an overwhelming moment and worth every minute of the wait. We still watch that video from time to time and count our blessing. Congratulations to all those accepted and best wishes to those who will hear back in March. USC is not just another school. They do everything in style and have a flair for making it special for all. You will see it during Explore, Orientation, Move-in week, and even during the Trojan Family Weekend. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Fight On!

Do all colleges interview on the same days? We were given the option for five days - all week days - over a three week period.

It is a one day event from 8:30 am until the evening. Students are free. Parents are $50. No details about what a parent would do so I’m not sure if I will just drop off and pick up or if there is a reason for me to stick around.

It does state that they will pay half of a student’s airfare up to the following amounts: $60 for airfare within California or $200 from anywhere else.

So they did go to just a day event from the overnight as predicted. @lkg4answers You pick the day that works for you out of all those days provided. When your portal updates you will be able to choose, so start planning! Yes, they all interview all days.

They will have events/information for parents too! Parents should go if they can to get a good look at why USC may be right for their student. You get the red carpet treatment too!

The agenda will post soon, they will feed you and shmooze you.

out of state students should get their results tomorrow at 1:00 pm regardless of their time zone

^^^No. Are you thinking of a different school?

LOL

https://xkcd.com/386/

So are there only 2 confirmed people in SoCal who’ve gotten packages?? Haven’t seen any other people yet

This is odd… there aren’t any #igotintousc posts on ig either, AND one of the three people on Reddit who got the box was in Toronto. It all just seems very unusual, but that could just be my anxiety speaking.

If it makes you feel any better. I am basically addicted to Instagram, and even if someone did post a picture of their admissions package, it would be very unlikely they should use that specific hashtag (or any hashtag at all). That is simply the nature of Instagram for teens these days.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they changed how they distributed them this year if they have changed so many other aspects as well.

@College123321123 #igotintousc is something that is printed on every acceptance package, and USC always encourages those admitted to use the hashtag if accepted. I just think it’s so odd that there aren’t ANY posts with it yet…

I can assure you that they went out the same. The Toronto post is totally questionable as they only send International acceptances early in March. Not the scholarship round. They do. It arrive internationally on day one. Ever.

That hashtag was not printed on anything in the package. There was a lot of “Welcome to the Trojan Family” but nothing mentioning sharing it on social media or using a particular hashtag.

I got the package!!

What time will the portals be updated? Anyone have any clue? I’m international so I won’t get the package for a while even if I do get the scholarship

@blackcat2 so lucky!
What major and what were your stats? ?

@blackcat2 Congrats!! Are you from SoCal?