USC Class of 2024 Applicants Thread

@let0202 @Zephyrall Insta would be perfect. I’m pretty close to 15, if I get to 15 I can DM you guys first.

Hi everyone how does admission into the USC BS in pharmacology work? Do I have to use common app for that?

@nerdyaf09 that would be great! Definitely shoot us a DM once you reach 15 @Zephyrall

Hi all,
I got in Dornsife for Econ. but I have yet to get a package. Does anyone know if the packages state what scholarships we qualify for? Also is there anywhere that breaks down the statistics per college and how many finalists to scholarships there are?

@Cjhastings322 I’m a music industry applicant too! Haha I was so stressed this entire week too about the packages, and I wonder if we’ll have to wait until March to hear or if they’ll send decisions earlier. It’s so confusing because I think in previous years merit decisions for music industry were sent at the same time as other programs, but I guess Thornton is doing it differently this year.

@Cjhastings322 @swiftlysparkling hi fellow Thornton hopefuls!! :slight_smile: I was just over at USC today for my Choral Music audition and it was super fun and exciting. I loved all the faculty and students that I met. Definitely cemented USC as my top choice school.

@let0202 a gc for Explore students sounds awesome! I could do Insta, snap, or basically any mainstream social media

@let0202 A group chat for Explore students sounds like a great idea and I’d be down one any social media!

@Mysterycandy Hey! I was recently admitted to their BS in Pharmacology so I can give you a little insight, but of course this is still pretty new to me too! I applied through the common app, and I selected it under the school of pharmacy as my first choice major. It works pretty much the same way as all the other majors - there isn’t any special process. Hope this helps!

Hey y’all, would it be appropriate to write an LOCI or something similar? I know I wasn’t technically deferred so just wondering. I already sent an update a couple weeks ago but my Mid-Year transcript is about to be send so I think it may be beneficial to show I’m still interested.

@swiftlysparkling It seems like they won’t come out early this year, which is a bit weird. When I emailed they said all Thornton decisions would come out ON April 1, so I’m assuming that includes merit scholarships. Fingers crossed we both end up in Music Industry!

Per USC’s website…“Undergraduates pursuing degrees in Music Industry, Popular Music Performance, Music Production, and Choral Music are not eligible for Thornton scholarship awards.”

/

Per USC’s website…“Undergraduates pursuing degrees in Music Industry, Popular Music Performance, Music Production, and Choral Music are not eligible for Thornton scholarship awards.”

Yes, but those majors are still eligible for USC merit, aren’t they? Thornton merit, we were told, ranges from 5k to 15k, not very much considering the whopping COA. It’s the USC merit that would really make it (more) affordable. And of course those are very few in number but one can dream.

@raincat @mom2jw I have also seen that on the USC Thornton FA webpage, but there is also this:

All first-year undergraduate applicants who submit a complete application by December 1 are considered for the USC Trustee, Presidential and Deans scholarships. Thornton applicants are not required to interview for consideration for these scholarships. Only admitted undergraduates who are selected to receive one of these awards will be notified and should receive notification by April 1.

Sounds like ALL first-year undergrads are eligible, even those who are not eligible for departmental scholarships from Thornton. At least, that is what I have my fingers crossed on…

Hi, my son applied before the Dec 1 deadline, but there is no change in his portal, and nothing was received in the mail. Thoughts?

@Iguana28…you should have received an email…check your spam folder. There has been no update to the portal & yet to receive snail mail. Received notification via email only on 1/25.

Yes @Racingfan53 , perhaps my post was unclear but that’s what I meant, all Thornton majors are eligible for those USC Merit scholarships. Fingers crossed indeed, best of luck!

Hello! I was admitted to Dornsife as a Non-Governmental Organizations and Social Change major. I will be attending Explore USC on February 27th and making a group chat sounds like a great idea. : )