USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

No they asked if people had received one. Everyone assumed that meant they were sent to some, but it doesn’t appear that’s the case

2 Likes

Gotta love the internet.

There was no email telling people of decision time. That info was posted on their social media.

They say they send email of portal update, but as mentioned, the email comes after the portal update, if it comes at all (some years it hasn’t). Email after portal update pretty useless, most everyone is on high alert already.

2 Likes

Does anyone know at what time?

@arbitrary99 it really is amazing! I have always wondered why basketball has been sorta meh for such an athletic powerhouse with so many NCAA championship rings. Fun to see their time has come. Enjoying it!

2 Likes

The two competing recruiting services have next year’s 2021 class as either the #10 or the #40 rated basketball recruiting class, which is unusual (to have such a divergent opinion on the level of talent).

Anyone here waiting to hear from USC MT? Trying to understand how big a group auditioned through callbacks and also to see if anyone heard anything already about results. I know some other programs call their MT applicants so worth an ask here.

Congratulations for the admission! It’s such a stressful process for the kids especially with all these uncertainties this year. My son got many rejections too, including one of his safeties. It’s disappointing and scary at a point.
There is a post on CC saying that “you just haven’t been trying hard enough if you didn’t get any rejection.” I thought it’s a great mindset and shared with my son.
Wish your son good luck with USC.

3 Likes

What time do decisions come out for international students?

do you think the people who got accepted will get mail tomorrow?

Hello guys, i have been tracking this discussion for some time and decided to make an account so i could get more insight.
I know its too late for a chance me, but if someone could i would really appreciate that because i am getting super nervous. Some of this might be vague because i dont wanna reveal all my information.

Major: pharmacology and drug development
GPA: 3.9 UW my school only does UW
Courses: Mostly all honors and so far 10 APs with all 3,4
Test-optional
Rank: 18/ over 400 but in my mid-term report I bumped to 15/400ish
I think I had very strong supplements
Activities (I only listed 8):
-Vice President of NHS
-Cofounder of 2 clubs, but its under the same branch
-2 different internships
-Teacher at a temple
-Vice President of another club
-Member of another club
-Taught my native language to children every weekend
That’s just a brief overview of my extracurriculars and i know its vague
Hooks: first generation, possibly a minority?

Not sure what else I should add.
Can yall please chance me

Since this is the first year post covid shutdown - which dramatically changed their notification structure that they had in place for decades - we only have one year of history to go on versus years and years. Rejections came out at same time as acceptances, by region. No physical mail that we have heard of (and they always posted trucks leaving with boxes on social media, so assume not for now).

I would guess they would roll at noon PST again, but just a guess. They could totally flip it this year, they are in charge. Keep in mind, it’s new for them too so they may be figuring out how they want to do it too. Here is what they did last year:

International decisions started exactly at noon, with first post to cc at 12:01pm. PST

At 12:20pm the east coast was swept with both acceptances and rejections at the same time.

Midwest started rolling at 12:34pm from KY to CO

1:11 was first CA acceptance - but just a couple and a bit of a pause on west coast.

1:40 was first Texas notification

CA & west coast was between 3-4pm. Took awhile.

And if this helps im from PA

Tomorrow’s the big day! Make sure to get some rest! I’ve had a blast helping out in here and responding to others in the community for the past 7 months. It’s odd to me that we’re practically staring our decisions right in their faces but I hope that no matter the outcome everyone finds success in the future.

I’ve been stressing out for a while and I’m glad for it to be over. It’s crazy! Regardless, I’m glad to be here, CC has been my home-away-from-home for the past few months and I’ll be excited to celebrate and see some familiar faces get in tomorrow. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

So I’ve also been ignored by my AO for quite some time due to EVERYONE emailing the AOs but I do have a question for @CADREAMIN , @WWWard , and @eligrayy :

So basically, I have been emailing my AO for ages keeping her updated on my
ROTC scholarship and everything, letting her know that I was nominated for it and that USC was my dream school and they said back in January that they would put it on my file (that was before applications were due). Then, I was keeping her updated on the scholarship process and all that but I hadn’t gotten a response since January. But, just last week, I received an email in response to me asking to start a step (African American traditional dance) team at USC. She sent me the information to get the process started (if admitted) and said that it was a wonderful idea. I thought that may have been a good sign but I’m not too sure and I truly do trust your judgement and insight. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

I am wondering same for the SDA

Very true… but that is the reality of things these days. The advent of the Common Application and the current ultra-competitive environment has led to many applicants applying to 10+, 15+ or even 20+ college and universities. That scenario simply heightens the potential failure rate for all applicants.

To be honest, I have been astonished all month long at some of the posts here on this thread that reflect the simple fact that many applicants are just now starting to pay attention or check into such matters related to their application to USC. It is a #s game. Applicants are trying to become one of only circa 8,100 admitted in a field of 70-72,000 total applicants. That’s an incredible obstacle to overcome. The best prepared ones, and especially the ones who had a true list of top three or so schools, really needed to be engaged in the process long before hitting send to submit their applications.

Using USC as an example, such applicants should have scoured usc.edu and and every webpage within it related to their top choice school, including the USC Catalogue, and then extended that research to sites like CC and those similar and watch related youtube videos, etc. These days, there are so many ways to get oneself prepared.

I agree with you that such steps should not be necessary, but they are. It is not enough any more to simply be well-qualified or even a perfect or near perfect applicant on paper. By Tuesday, an estimated 4K+ applicants with 4.0 unweighted GPAs and 99th percentile test scores will discover such for themselves, if current trends persist.

If you really want to attend a specific college or university, you should know as much about that school and your targeted program as possible… and then go the extra mile to learn all you can about the potentially necessary steps to prepare yourself for the challenge of standing out and getting yourself admitted. That’s the cruel reality of college admissions in 2021.

1 Like

The scholarship is a full ride ROTC scholarship that was very competitive. My instructor also contacted the ROTC detachment there to recommend me. Do you think the ROTC detachment also has a say in my admission? Like how Viterbi could reject a student but USC itself could accept them undeclared?

And because of your efforts here, I certainly hope that you are among the ones hearing the good news!

3 Likes

I agree. It is certainly not a bad sign. And yes… the ROTC program likely has some influence in the process too. Good luck.

1 Like

I’m rooting for you eligrayy, along with my D21! You have been one of the nicest people on these forums!

5 Likes