USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yeah, I’m starting to think these aren’t indicative of anything

1 Like

I’m seeing not allowed to access

1 Like

This is what I have gathered from PURE SPECULATION AND DISCUSSION. Please clarify my thought because I may be assuming wrong.

If it says: “Our records indicate that you are not allowed to access this page.
If you feel you are receiving this message in error, please contact your USC
admission counselor. Please visit our Find Your Counselor site to connect” then you’re assumed to be admitted

If it says: You are inelligble or ANYTHING ELSE then you are assumed to be rejected

Is this correct?

2 Likes

i would pick Berkeley … but what do I know haha Im 45 and done with school … but I just love San Francisco and the Berkeley vibe. Also, I grew up in Latin America and when I was applying to MBAs, Berkeley had better brand recognition.

I had two pick USC over UCB and UCLA for engineering (CS/EE). But we prefer what a private university offers over the publics, it’s a personal (and often financial) choice.

All great options.

1 Like

I think you are right

Curious if anyone else applied as an IR major and knows how competitive the major is. College factual says that 223 graduated from Dornsife with that major is 2019. Is that considered a lot? Sorry if the answer seems obvious. My school doesn’t really help us with the college process so I’m kinda in it by myself.

No. I’m seeing both messages depending on what link I attempt to use

Idk if we can confirm anything, a lot of people have the first one, including myself, but maybe the ineligible is because they are in so they don’t have to apply again or smth

so this most likely means nothing

Whats the other link? Besides “Login

It could, but it’s hard to say what it means. When I sign up for a Dornsife event I’m not eligible, but when I sign into the admitted students thing it says im not allowed to access

1 Like

Signing up for events

holy crap all this is fascinating. so happy we didn’t have all these forums and tech when I applied. I would have gone mad! on the other hand my son, who applied to USC and would be shocked and thrilled to get accepted is totally clueless napping right now. He has a dentist appointment at 2pm.

4 Likes

It’s a competitive and popular major, but heck, USC is competitive all around. It’s a great major - good luck!

Berkeley for sure, it’s just a better STEM school that offers amazing prospects for med school. Also, Berkeley is one of the best research institutes.

I’m getting in.

4 Likes

Yes the clueless ones are the only ones at peace right now.

Do you think that Berkeley’s name recognition is significantly better than USC’s for International companies? Since I am international, I am not sure than I will be able to stay in USA after graduation and I know that Berkeley is highly respected abroad and most people know it. While for example my father (who is a businessman and recruits people with international education) did not know the USC until I told him about it.

well another thing is USC is only accepting 8,000ish out of more than 70K applicants so I most people r saying they see the access denied then I assume it’s a rejection because they aren’t accepting most people and the rare few who say inelligble might be accepted because they are only accepting a small handful of applicants