USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Thanks. Yes, I got the UCSB Regents, also got invited for the SEED Honor Scholarship from CAL. My major is CS.

Seems USC offers lots of internship opportunities. What about CAL? Do CAL students easily get summer internship from big high tech?

Congratulations on the SEED scholarship as well! That’s a great opportunity. Besides the scholarship, it includes funding for research and internship opportunities. It also includes priority registration which would be valuable at UC Berkeley. I believe the SEED scholarship’s goal is to provide L&S students research opportunities and COE students internship opportunities but check with Ira Young.

There are a lot of people on this website who know quite a bit about the CS programs and opportunities at the different schools. I suggest posting your question in College Search & Selection section.

@cutestchihuahua Moved this post over here incase we get a reply, so it is in USC thread so helpful to more…

I’m not sure if @AggieMom68 still checks in here or not - but her student started WBB in 2019. She was super helpful sharing her application experience when they were just getting started. If you are around aggiemom, I would love to hear how it’s going!

Congrats! and thanks for that FA update. Good luck making that tough choice…

If I am international, where can I check this year’s tuition? Since I can’t apply for financial aid I can’t see anything in USC FAST. Thanks!

For 2020-21, Tuition (12-18 units for two semesters) is $59,260. I am not sure if they have published the # for 2021-22 yet, but I suspect something relatively close. Anyone receiving a new FA offering would have the new tuition #. My daughter is graduating next month, so we do not have that # yet.

@kwojcik, my D21 is also a spring admit and we are researching her options. Are you still interested in a separate thread specifically for these kiddos? Maybe @CADREAMIN or @WWWard can help us out?! No worries if you guys have chosen another path. GL to your DS.

If another thread is created for Spring Admits, I’d gladly contribute from our Spring 2020 experience. We had many of the same concerns/questions, and want to help.

1 Like

Anyone can start a new topic. Go here and choose “New Topic” on the upper right side of the page.

There is already a thread for spring admits here.

1 Like

Yes, my son has already submitted his intent to enroll - USC has always been his dream school. He will take CC classes at home in the fall. I will switch to the separate thread on spring admits…

2 Likes

What do you mean by University scholarship? You say this is in addition to Deans. Do you mind sharing the amount for the University one and how it is awarded? Meaning what criteria is evaluated.

I just want to know if all dornsife admitted students are invited to apply to the Thematic Option and (for appropriate majors) USC Freshman Science Honors? Or is it select admitted students? My daughter is very concerned/interested in being in an honors program… She’s gotten in to honors programs at other schools, but also rejected by HP at other schools. It really effects her feelings about a school…(I hope that makes sense)

All the info about the Thematic Option is online here: FAQ - Prospective Students > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences

There is no invitation to apply. Any student admitted to the fall freshman class is welcome to apply.

1 Like

University scholarship is $2000 and Dean Scholarship is 1/4 off tuition. I was awarded without interview, don’t know about anything about the criteria.

1 Like

I received two separate emails invited to join the Thematic Option and the Freshman Science Honor. Not sure if everyone receive the same emails but I am not planning to join either one.

1 Like

Thank you!

When is the appeal letter due??

We’re in a similar boat but you are better situated. We have nothing from USC, but full scholarship from a small, solid private CA school for engineering. Even though USC is his dream school, likely going to be the free option. Unless you can afford the USC debt, I’d suggest going with the free option. So many schools offer a solid education.

Agree with your line of thinking

USC just crossed the 60K line: Tuition (12-18 units for two semesters) $60,446