USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Excellent points. I had forgotten to mention the campus cruiser program.

And to all the parents out there… here’s my last take on the notion of safety:

Despite what many people may think about USC from a distance (and believe me, I get why parents are nervous about sending their kids off to college - and regardless of the eventual destination), USC does in fact compare quite well in terms of safety with other elite colleges and universities.

For example, in terms of safety - here are the others’ grades for the colleges and universities ranked higher than USC via the Niche college rankings:

MIT B
Stanford B-
Harvard B
Yale C
Princeton B+
Penn B
Columbia B
Duke C+
Brown B-
CalTech B
Wash U in St Louis A-
Rice B-
Notre Dame B
Northwestern B
UChicago B-
Vanderbilt B-
Dartmouth B

So only Princeton and WashU are ranked higher than USC in terms of safety. And that’s sort of the main takeaway I believe when it comes to most colleges and universities… the core areas around many college campuses have certain issues. But as @CADREAMIN and I have emphasized, the concerns - especially for us parents - wane over time, as the students get acclimated to their new environment and learn how to navigate college life successfully.

3 Likes

I do not think they are committed. I’m in Marshall, too, and learned that they should all roll out by the end of this week.

:rofl: We did and admittingly upgraded to the 2.0 tracker that will not only alert us but will emit a loud siren also at her end!!! :loud_sound:

Totally feel what you are going thru - we all love our kiddos and just wish for safety, good health, happiness, and the opportunity to be their best self :star2:

2 Likes

This is very interesting… I thought that once you received your financial aid package that was it. Do you believe perhaps SDA have at their discretion scholarships that could still be added? Thank you

Why don’t you reach out to SDA? It seems like your child would like to attend if you were provided financial assistance- what’s the harm of letting them know that and getting a clear answer from the source? I love so many things about USC but their communication regarding financial aid seems lacking.

3 Likes

Thank you! Are you committed already? I don’t know if it matters or not… My daughter is not yet committed.

USPS package arriving from LA - could totally be something not related to USC. And on another note AO said please don’t come visit - they aren’t open for visitors.

We received a brochure today by USPS package, expected a box though :grin:

Awww : ( Was hoping it was a goodie for you : )) Was it the “Meet USC” Brochure?

1 Like

I am not committed yet; I haven’t seen my financial aid.

Oh! My daughters financial aid has already been posted and it is zero. I wonder if since her financial aid has already posted that means she will not be receiving a scholarship

I haven’t seen aid due to personal circumstances. Same thing happened with Stanford. Don’t lose hope!

1 Like

I was just wondering how many parents here are 'SC alums. This thread is a trip down memory lane. I lived in EVK (now New North) and Cardinal Garden (when tuition was only 12K a year.) I will be thrilled if my D accepts her offer. #FightOn

2 Likes

Appeal submitted! I hope to join the talented 2025 class of Trojans.

5 Likes

It’s “You & USC” :blush: Probably there is no surprise this year.

Same received here :slight_smile:

1 Like

That list is a bit comical though. Dartmouth at a B? The only risk in Hanover is boredom. Niche isn’t a real survey and these grades definitely don’t appear to be normalized against each other. UChicago, USC, Columbia, Yale etc I can see similar. Not Hanover NH.

2 Likes

Class of '87. I lived in Touton Hall my first year (it no longer exists), which is now the location of the SCI building that is part of the SCA buildings. I then lived in Cardinal Gardens my Sophomore-Senior years. I believe tuition was around $8K/yr when I was there. My daughter was accepted into Virterbi (Chemical Engineering) and is going to accept! :slight_smile: Yes, I’ve enjoyed some reminiscing as a result of following this thread too.

1 Like

I can definitely see the students being really happy at USC. I haven’t heard of anyone that didn’t enjoy their experience. The weather has much to do with that no doubt plus there seems to be a high level of school spirit and activities.

Caltech (Pasadena) a B?