USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yes I’ve been hearing the same, I also am not sure if this includes appeals, I sent one before however I do not know if my FA package considered this. I sent an email today and I am hoping for the best as well

Did you send your appeal after getting a financial aid offer? Because we still have not seen anything, additional documents were requested several times and we submitted everything right after seeing their requests. But still it is all very unclear. I feel bad for those students waiting for spots at other schools my daughter is accepted in.

How do you send emails? I think they did not make them available, so the only communication is by FAST or by phone.

2 Likes

I sent in all my documents and after almost two weeks of waiting, I sent in the appeal. So to answer to your question, I sent in my appeal form before receiving my final aid package. I wanted to explain my circumstances and after seeing that they might not be finished with appeals till after May 1st, I wanted to see if asking earlier would benefit me. Everything is definitely very unclear this year and I hope you and your daughter are able to receive the package soon!

I believe it was through the askUSC thing, there is an option on the top of the web page where you can send an email, they call them inquiries. You fill out a form and pretty much explain your situation, last time I used it they answered in about two days but they might take a little longer now since a lot of people have questions about FA.

My D21 narrowed her decision list to 3, and reluctantly declined her admission offer. Good luck everyone and I’m sure it will be a great time next year on campus.

2 Likes

Good luck to your D, congrats on getting to a decision. :slight_smile:

Congrats. I am sure it’s a good list to choose from…

Congrats on your decision to become a Forum Champion. Well deserved.

4 Likes

So quiet in here now!? lol

D committed to USC after having received some great acceptances- :slight_smile: So far we are highly impressed with their virtual info sessions etc. Besides I don’t think anything compare to a zoom bomb by the USC Band! Wow what a moment!!!

2 Likes

omg congratulations!!! That is such big news and so good to hear! I’m stunned and so happy for you! While the notification process isn’t that fun, I can tell you, the online systems they have for both students and parents run smooth as butter once you are on the inside. Love the band bomb, they do know how to do spirit at USC!

Yes, it quiets down after the big rush, I thought the password change may have slowed some down too, but some people are just in their own heads trying to get to a decision. Not sure if you mentioned, what is her major? Did she get her housing app in early?

WELCOME TO THE TROJAN FAMILY!!! It’s forever.

:v: :v: :v:

1 Like

Yes… congrats! Welcome to the Trojan Family. Fight On!

1 Like

Has anyone received free tuition from USC’s affordability initiative? Is there a “catch” or anything or do they really waive all tuition costs?

My D as well. Viterbi for CECS. Loved the Trojan Band zoom bomb! D was overjoyed to hear the Dean talk about Takis. She had them down as her favorite snack on the application. :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the Trojan family! I have a recent CS grad. It was a phenomenal program with lots of opportunities during and after graduation! :v:

1 Like

Thank you CADREAMIN! We have sat through a LOT of Viterbi zoom sessions. Loved them all (Paul is really funny)! Some of the older Viterbi undergrads have contacted D to ask her if she had any questions about the program. How nice of them to do that! Very blessed to have D going to USC! :v:

Congratulations! That peer to peer support and mentorship will continue during her time at Viterbi. There is a Viterbi Parent FB Group if you are interested.

1 Like

Congrats! I work with quite a few usc engineers and they’re fantastic! Best of luck to your kid.

Thanks everyone! My DH is on the Viterbi Parent FB Group. My D’s friends are going to UCLA! Congratulations to all the new admits!

1 Like

I heard some Town and Gown Scholarships have gone out. Does anyone know if those are rolling? Do they notify you either way?