USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

We also in similar situation , please let us know how you are deciding…

My son has picked USC! Ultimately, the opportunities both in and out of the classroom at USC, the vibrancy of campus life, and the opportunity to be part of the Trojan community were most important to him. Fight on!

5 Likes

Congrats to everyone who got in! I’m declining my decision, so best of luck to those who were waitlisted!

1 Like

Yay! Welcome to the Trojan Family!
:v: :grin:

1 Like

Good luck on your new venture…. and just to add to avoid confusion, there’s no waitlist at USC!

1 Like

S22 was at ExploreUSC yesterday. Sounds like USC knocked it out of the park. He has revisited his top 3 choices the last 3 weeks for admitted student days and tours. USC excelled by personalizing his tour according to his intended major and giving him time to hang out with and get to know the 8 fellow potential classmates in his small group and the tour guide. A senior in his intended major had reached out to him beforehand, and he was able to meet up with her and gets lots of great info, even guidance about specific classes and teachers. And of course, there’s the fun factor of the surprises they throw at you. Great job, USC.

5 Likes

Congrats to all those who got in this cycle and who are now committing to USC.

And an equal congratulations to those who got in but who are instead enrolling elsewhere. There are many potential paths to greatness. USC is merely one of many.

And yes… USC generally does well at events like Explore USC and its Admitted Student Days. But those events represent just one single day when a university is trying to entice you to commit.

It is likely more important to consider the overall impression of current and past students over the course of years while they are there at USC in attendance. And on that front, I often point to the likely most significant ranking among the Niche college rankings when it comes to USC…

USC is Ranked #1 out of 1,612 colleges and universities in terms of “The Best Student Life in America”.

Four years is after all a good length of time. All things being equal, being happy and content while in college is a major plus. So, for those of you still on the fence & considering USC versus other options, maybe look into that ranking and the others available via Niche to aid in your decision-making process.

:v:

2 Likes

Our son also just chose USC over Rice. We were so grateful that he was able to select from such great schools. Academically you obviously can’t go wrong with either. For him, it came down to the kind of experience he wanted to have. Fight On!

6 Likes

Hi Everyone! My name is Henry and I was accepted for the fall for Computer Science at Viterbi as a Trustee scholar! I just found this website and figured I should post. A little about me…
Public HS in Santa Barbara (CS Academy pathway there)
No Class Rank
4.0 UW and 4.62 W GPA
36 ACT and 1590 SAT
NMF
Tons of Extracurriculars+Highschool internship at a mid-sized tech company
Community college CS classes in the summer and professional Unity certification
My parents attended USC in the 90s and my dad and mom work for a large tech company
I’m excited to hear from all of you guys! Go Trojans!

3 Likes

Sadly we can’t get a financial aid package from USC to save our lives. We check every day and it says under review. Then all of a sudden we have to submit more documents.

I’ve called every day this week. We keep doing what they ask but they give us no packages.

Right now both my girls who are accepted at USC are looking at other schools (Rice & Georgetown) which actually gave them a financial aid package with their acceptance. So frustrating!

Oh that’s awful having to wait so long. They have to complete it this week I would think, but oh the angst. Wish you luck wherever they choose!

1 Like

Daughter stlill hasn’t decided but we were told by the AO that there might be opportunities for merit scholarship for continuing students. Note she didn’t really get anything this year besides the small university grant and we don’t qualify for need based aid. Wanted to check with you guys about this.

Is your son a spring or regular admit? I see you posted on the spring admit website too…

To clarify… the AO indicated that it’s possible to earn merit as a sophomore?

Just to clarify, the merit the AO is referring after freshman year are not anywhere near the pres or trustee. They small departmental awards ($2-3k typical, maybe random larger one like $5k her or there) that they search out and apply for. Not a fan of them implying there is big money to be had after freshman year, they need to be real about what is available and the tiny chance of getting it, plus the amount of effort to do so.

So look into them, but don’t count on them as part of decision as they are small and very limited/competitive.

4 Likes

I was a little surprised too so thank you for clarifying. That helps!

@CADREAMIN One more question - Does USC tuition go up every year? I was talking to another private school’s financial aid office and they said to expect 2-3% increase every year!

Hi @CADREAMIN I hope you’re doing well! I’m curious, did you attend USC? Do you know of any users who have been through CS?

1 Like

Yes absolutely, been watching our statement grow at least that amount every year for the last 10+ years! 2-3% is pretty standard increase, but it can be more like this year, ouch.

5% tuition increase 2022-2023

2% tuition increase 2021
Interesting to note this article says the 2% increase is the lowest year-over-year increment since 1967! So ya, expect at least 2%+

3.5% increase 2020

Here’s some eye opening info I found…

The total costs of attendance including tuition, fees, books & supplies costs, and living costs have increased 36.36% from the year 2012 ($59,883) where the current year costs are $81,659 at University of Southern California. The undergraduate tuition & fees has raised from $44,463 (2012) to $63,468 (2022).

1 Like

I put several kids through USC and still have student there (have had one or two there every year for last 10 years, so been around, ha, I think I need a new hobby). One is a recent CS grad and it could not have been a better experience - did amazing things in CS and the CS related groups/orgs/clubs - really cool projects for city of LA and others) and had amazing friends/peers. Competed with other schools in so many arenas resulting in trips, awards and industry recognition. Career opportunities were insane and the companies this friend group has worked at or founded are ridiculous. I don’t love everything USC (there’s good, bad and ugly), but CS is something I think is really great there.

I guess I could have let you ask your question, sorta went off the rails there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes