USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Congrats! That’s an impressively difficult decision. All are great options. Academic rigor aside, USC is quite different in a number of ways than those stellar Ivies. Best of luck to him with the decision-making process…

2 Likes

Does anyone know if USC might send notification about movement from Spring to Fall soon? We’ve heard mid-May, but wondering if that’s a fluid situation based on updated numbers, etc. Thanks.

It all depends on the program by program numbers and when they learn about commitments vs potential withdrawals. It comes down to the # of commits per program and if they have extra room to convert spring admits to fall admits. And what I have witnessed over the last 9 years is that the total # of spring to fall conversions can vary widely. But I would assume that they will be making those decisions within a week or so of the final fall commitment deadline. So, it could even be before mid-May. Good luck…

Sorry all — I cannot see the post that linked to official USC parents page. Cold someone post? Thank you!

1 Like

Sent you a pm

1 Like

Are you looking for the parent FB page? It is called USC Parents Group (University of Southern California)

1 Like

It’s official… my daughter decided to be a Trojan!

11 Likes

Congrats! May I message you?

Congrats! Fight On! :v:

1 Like

Yes, absolutely

1 Like

Lots of nice kids on Patio, according to my daughter. Some are putting together PowerPoint presentations about themselves as an introduction! D connected with a great girl and it looks like they will be roommates.

4 Likes

House divided. Hearts united!!

2 Likes

My son found a roommate over the weekend using Patio. They have similar sleep/study/entertainment routines so he thinks it will work out well.

3 Likes

My daughter did so, too! Well, last night but still. Sounds as if it were kismet! Both are late owls, enjoy baking and have a sweet tooth!

3 Likes

USC Admissions tweeted:
First-year students who were admitted to the fall should check their USC emails to access their invitation for the Welcome Trojans orientation program. Instructions to secure their spot will also be found there.

Check out the step-by-step overview of the reservation process at Sign Up – USC Office of Orientation Programs. First-year students who were admitted to the spring will receive more information in June regarding winter orientation.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

My daughter signed up about a month ago for in person orientation 6/17 and course registration 6/16 but she has yet to hear from an advisor to set up that meeting. We saw she has to meet with an academic advisor before course registration. Do you know when the advisors reach out? Are they advisors from their department? Thank you!

declined my dornsife offer a couple of days ago. good luck to everyone’s college journey! and hope those on the waitlist could get into USC eventually.

1 Like

The advisors are from her department and she will need to meet with them each semester before scheduling classes. How far before scheduling depends on what major she is in and how many students the advisor is working with. In our experience, it was within a couple of weeks before registering.

Good luck with your own college journey elsewhere.

But just so others know… USC does not offer a waitlist. It may aid a spring admit moving forward to fall though if a specific program deems there to be room.

1 Like