USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Unknown. My financial aid application is still in review though.

2 Likes

is this ‘unknown’ and ‘undergraduate’ class portal astrology for just aid applicants or everyone?

2 Likes

Mine is unknown as well.

i’m hoping just for aid applicants

1 Like

About financial aid, are we supposed to fill out the CSS in addition to FAFSA? And is that for all private universities?

Unknown - oh well :confused:

For those with “undergraduate” can you look up your NET ID here: Recover your USC NetID

Just use the 10-digit number found in the top-right corner of USC Fast to look up your NET ID. My guess is that admitted students will be able to look up their NET-ID - but this is pure speculation!

2 Likes

Yes - you should fill out the CSS profile and the deadline is today, Feb 11th. USC Financial Aid.

2 Likes

What if you didn’t apply for financial aid can you find Undergraduate or your 10 digit. # anywhere else? Thx

1 Like

What if you didn’t apply for financial aid, would undergraduate show up somewhere else?

This didn’t work :fearful: hopefully/probably doesn’t mean anything haha…

1 Like

I can’t find a 10 digit #. I only see a 9 digit #.

Yes. Most require a CSS submission. USC does. So I would just complete it and list every college or university applied to.

2 Likes

Good luck to all of the applicants who applied to USC by December 2nd and who are awaiting the merit decisions later today. Please just keep in mind that no one is actually being denied admission today. 800-1200 or so very fortunate applicants will be getting in today, but the vast majority of applicants to USC will simply have their admission decision deferred until March.

And if not getting merit money via USC is tantamount to a rejection, even if eventually admitted later in March, due to the financial considerations, please just focus on the positive opportunities elsewhere. USC is clearly a great option for college, but it is also only one of many potential pathways to greatness. There are literally scores of elite colleges and universities out there, and many of them can serve as an equally valuable foundation for your eventual success.

I have made the following statement each cycle, as I believe it to be very true…

Unfortunately, rejection does come along in life. It’s what you do next that matters most. Steven Spielberg desperately wanted to attend USC SCA… so much so that he tried three times to gain admission. He was rejected all three times. And now there is a building bearing his name within the SCA complex. Bryan Singer tried and was rejected by USC and SCA. He tried a second time and got into USC but again not into SCA. He then succeeded as an internal transfer on his third try. Persistence can also pay off.

Many have faced rejection to their dream schools. In my day, for me… it was Harvard… but Harvard saw it differently. Harvard also rejected Dr. Harold Varmus twice. He simply went on to win a Nobel Prize in Medicine. Harvard also rejected Warren Buffet. They surely would like a do-over on that one.

Every year around this time, it is important to remember that rejections need not control our lives. And with the way that things have evolved… with the Common Application making it far too common for high school seniors to apply to 10+, 15+ or even 20+ schools, those rejections are bound to add up. My older daughter was rejected by 12 out of 17 in 2014. But these rejection letters are not true assessments of student aptitude or ability or the quality of an application. They are simply the natural evolution of a cruel #s game.

USC could clearly admit tens of thousands of quality applicants this year. They are instead stuck with the arduous, unwelcome and nearly impossible task of only picking 7500-8500 out of a field of 60K+. They will even have to reluctantly disappoint 90% of all legacy applicants.

As Warren Buffet says in the article linked below: “The truth is that everything that has happened in my life…that I thought was a crushing defeat at the time, has turned out for the better. A temporary defeat is not a permanent one. In the end it can be an opportunity.”

To all of you active on CC or just following along without posting… good wishes and the best of luck getting in. If you do not get into USC, hopefully you will find your place at another great option. But clearly some will face disappointment. Some will not gain admission into their dream school. I wish it could be otherwise.

Here’s a link to an excellent article on the subject of those who went on to great success after facing such a similar set-back as aspirational high school seniors aiming for that dream school scenario…

WSJ

Before They Were Titans, Moguls and Newsmakers, These People Were…Rejected

Some of the biggest names—Warren Buffett, Ted Turner and Nobel laureate Harold Varmus—were once rejected by the school of their dreams.

Good Luck to all those who applied to USC by Dec 2nd. And if the answer you are seeking does not come today, hopefully it will in March.

29 Likes

Thank you for this. I am printing out this quote from the article and will look at it every day until I put a deposit down sometime before May 1st:

"If rejected by the school you love, Dr. Varmus advises in an email, immerse yourself in life at a college that welcomes you. ‘The differences between colleges that seem so important before you get there will seem a lot less important once you arrive at one that offered you a place.’ "

9 Likes

I have unknown too

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Good luck…

1 Like

Thank you so much for this note. I actually sent it to my daughter who is feeling very down about rejections and deferrals. This college application process has not been anything like what she expected and these words of wisdom hopefully will give her some hope :grinning:

4 Likes

You’re welcome. Good luck to her.

2 Likes

In my experience, the office of financial aid has very little knowledge of what is happening with admissions. It takes a while for FAST to be updated after things change on the admissions side.

11 Likes