USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

My daughter is NMF and she put USC as her first choice. Does this count as strong interest to AO?

I am not exactly sure if each AO receives that NMF info as an update. So… just to be sure… it would not hurt to send an email to that specifically assigned AO, copying her chosen School’s admissions email, stating that as an update.

Let them know that you remain very interested in USC as your top choice university, that you have listed USC as her first choice for NMF and… if true… also maybe state that you are fully committed to attending USC if admitted in March.

Good luck…

2 Likes

I think AO would know it. I read this somewhere:
By March 1 , NMSC asks you to report a first choice college or let them know if you want to remain undecided. In the week after March 1, NMSC sends a roster to each college letting them know which students have selected them as first choice.“

1 Like

So no emails have been sent yet ? Just portal updates ?

I think so, too. I called to ask whether my kid had to designate USC as their first choice before decisions came out and whether it would hurt their app if they didn’t. The rep said that it didn’t matter and wouldn’t affect their decision, so right now, my kid has “undecided” as their first choice. Didn’t get the scholarship invite, though. Has any NMF?

forgot to update, but I got the no soup email and my uscfast showed “unknown” beforehand. hope I get accepted in march, usc was my #2 choice

1 Like

Looks like everyone got changed from unknown to undergraduate. So this status might mean nothing.

3 Likes

Our D22 is NMF and got the “no soup for you” email. We didn’t realize she didn’t need to apply by the 12/1 deadline if NMSF but it’s always nice to get some applications over and done with anyway! Live and learn…and wait :wink:

1 Like

But it’s my understanding you can get a full scholarship if apply early and have NMF. Is that correct?

Yes an applicant chosen to interview, who also ends up being NMF, could get bumped to a Trustee which is full. And as an NMF, they can’t get less than 1/2 (Presidential).

Yes, @ChezCurie some posters selected for interview, have said they are NMF.

3 Likes

A NMF can’t get less than 1/2 (presidential), but they first have to be admitted…

Yes our son is NMF, and he was admitted and invited to interview last night. He selected USC early as 1st choice to NMSC, and also made it clear that USC was his top choice in his application and email to the AO.

4 Likes

How did he make it clear on his application ? I understand the email to AO. Did he just say it’s his first choice ?

2 Likes

Yes, you write an email and say just that! (If you mean it, obviously!) And say why, if you feel inclined.
You can add anything you want to your essay questions…so say it, if it’s true.
Maybe it won’t help-but it can’t hurt, especially if coming from a genuine and sincere and truthful place.

3 Likes

I was recently accepted into USC Dornslife as a finalist for the presidential scholarship. I am delighted from the news–however, I have a few questions regarding my financial situation. My married parents made about 90k during 2020 year. However, they became divorced this year, leaving my college fees solely on my father’s shoulders. My dad and I were also notified last week that my grandfather (on my dad’s side) only has one month left to live. So on top of the divorce procedures, my father also has to spend a lot of money for funeral and hospital fees.

My questions are :

1. Given my circumstances, would I fall under the USC Affordability Initiative (80k and under rule)?

2. If I do, would I still have to attend the scholarship interview?

3. And if I do get the scholarships and fall under USC Affordability Iniative, will the money be applicable to other school fees?

1 Like

Per request, posted a new stat/decision thread:

Your input there is appreciated greatly!

3 Likes

I’m wondering if there is a portal crack.

Over on Reddit, some people had “class:undergraduate” instead of “class:unknown” and they are in!

But those were all scholarship invitees. DD22 applied after 12/1, did not apply for FA - also has undergraduate on her FAST portal.

Can you check?

1 Like

Does the portal tell you which scholarship you’re interviewing for? Mine says presidential or trustee. How do some people know that they are only interviewing for trustee or presidential?

No portal crack. That was a lot of banter on here about that. If you read the thread lots of back and forth to pass time.

Plenty that had unknown also got in as did some already labeled undergraduate. But people convinced of crack kept ignoring posts with “the science”, it was hilarious. See what they want to see I guess. So theory debunked. There’s one every year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any new insights on portal astrology? lol

1 Like

But did any labeled “undergraduate” not get in?