USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Thanks! Some of the registration is a blur for me. When we went through it, my student logged on right away, got a spot and then the portal crashed. I do remember, however, that there is time for change after the initial selection (both freshman and sophomore year) before assignments are made.

Totally get the blur, I had different experiences with housing for all four, but I really got the hang of it after that many. When they change things, I’m in trouble!

For example, I didn’t know they opened more of the Village to freshman so thanks for that. I wonder post covid how things will change as well with a full boat back to campus on the fall. Will have to see what people get for assignments but be open that there could be few, some or more freshman spots in the Village. They do switch buildings up sometimes, Webb use to house a large amount of transfers then they put more freshman in there one year.

Can someone tell me what DB means on the end? (More expensive) This is Birnkrant

double bath (I think). Looking more into it.

Weird cause they had common baths, but since that is priciest it makes sense and I know they did some remodeling there…

1 Like

At many universities nationwide, there was an increased demand for sophomore housing. Since so many students stayed home and did school virtually freshman year, they wanted an on campus experience as sophomores. USC responded by leasing additional rooms in Gateway (a private apartment complex adjacent to campus) and created a dorm like experience with RAs, activities, meal plans etc. Gateway also offered private leases outside of USC housing. I’m not sure if USC is going to continue to offer university housing through Gateway but, from what I heard, those that stayed there were very happy.

Fluor Tower is under renovation/construction so was closed last year and appears to be closed next year as well.

1 Like

How do I PM you…I tried but it’s not letting me. I do have some specific questions I think you can help us with. Is yours on a setting which doesn’t allow PM?

Expected USC to buy Gateway at some point, one of mine was there a couple years (soph/jr) and loved it. But then they built the Village so can just lease it when needed I supposed!

I loved that those isolating with covid were put in USC hotel - that’s some nice digs and if you are sick way better than a dorm!

Ya once you submit @ScoobyDont, give housing a call (they actually answer and are very nice) and ask about the DB at Birkrant -seems odd in a common bath building, but they may have some that way now?

Also, if anyone done with housing app, did it show a date when housing app closes?

Sorry about that. I checked my settings and it looks like it should be open for messages. I’ll PM you and see if that works.

Thanks!

1 Like

Does anyone know if I should send an application update to USC about like additional information I have. If so should I send it to the specific college I applied to or my regional admissions counselor?

2 Likes

If you have significant update, you should definitely send it. My daughter sent it to her regional AO.

Oh ok I sent mine to the specific college I applied to since that’s how my friend did it. If that doesn’t work I might try the regional AO.

1 Like

What is considered a significant update?

I sent to regional counselor

Does anyone know if the NMFs that were admitted by the scholarship deadline are automatically selected to interview for the trustee (full) scholarship? I was wondering because it doesn’t make much sense to admit NMFs early if they are only interviewing for the presidential award as that’s guaranteed no matter when you are admitted (and whether or not you get an interview).

1 Like

Seems like this forum has degenerated into a housing discussion. Can we keep the discussions related to the regular decisions? I know some merit students got admitted, but the vast majority of us are eagerly awaiting our decisions.

Perhaps, admitted students can open a new forum to discussing and other admitted student issues.

9 Likes

The interview is the same regardless of whether you ultimately receive Trustee or Presidential, but you are correct in that you are guaranteed at least Presidential.

Housing is part of regular decisions too. Students who may be admitted and are likely to attend should be learning about housing now at any school they are considering. It is a definite factor in decision to attend a school, and certainly at USC.

Just skip over what you aren’t interested in, and of course, ask away or comment on anything relating to class of 2026, like the several posts all around yours about a variety of things. It will be pretty quiet on here as most are just waiting for March at this point forward.

3 Likes