USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Any advice or information for spring admits?

1 Like

D accepted spring, Price School of Public Policy
Private (somewhat local) high school with lots of legacies (she isn’t one)
3.96/4.6, 8 APs, Highest Rigor in all subjects
Two sports, school leadership/officer, significant outside philanthropy work, Sunday school teacher, job

3 Likes

force oh habit :wink:

Yes, highly recommend the fall abroad option as they meet a group of USC friends there before spring.

1 Like

Did anyone accepted today get a scholarship? Dean’s etc? If so, could you include?

1 Like

Yes-my son. He was awarded the Trustee scholarship—full ride. We are in shock, incredibly grateful, and beyond happy.

22 Likes

Congratulations!!!

So merit scholarship recipients are hearing today as well. :tada:

3 Likes

Accepted!
Texas
Annenberg School for Communication - Journalism Major
GPA: 3.79 weighted
ACT superscore: 31
6 APs

5 Likes

ACCEPTED!!
Marshall Business Administration
Missouri
3.95 UW/4.38 W GPA
34 ACT

literally overjoyed, USC is my second choice and I love the school so much!! the good news was amazing esp after being waitlisted to UCLA and WashU and rejected from Berkeley

7 Likes

Daughter accepted! Astrophysics OOS
4.33 UW, 32 ACT
Also accepted: UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, Georgia Tec, UDub
4 year varsity Golf, Captain.
Many EC.

6 Likes

Congratulations! What major/college?

1 Like

Daughter Accepted spring
Civil Engineering Viterbi
Northern CA
4.5 W, 4.0 UW, 7 AP’s, valedictorian candidate, NM commended
Tons of EC’s, leadership, Dance team captain
Accepted: UCSD, Cal Poly, UIUC, Purdue, WI, Lehigh, Boulder
WL: UCB, Michigan
Reject: UCLA, Northwestern

7 Likes

D22 Accepted for Fall
PPE, Prelaw Track - Dornsife
SoCal
3.96UW; 4.65W
She had a spike in her selected major.

6 Likes

ACCEPTED! 4.1 weighted GPA, no tests.
Thornton School of Music, Popular Music (guitar performance)
This was his one and only application/choice so we are thrilled and relieved. There were two rounds of auditions and a huge portfolio component to the application, on top of the typical Common App essay/questions.
Coming from a performing arts high school; also is about to earn 2nd degree black belt, has a ton of performing and recording experience, lots of volunteer hours, etc.

11 Likes

Thanks! Astrophysics.

1 Like

Did anyone else who got rejected get the little message about the viterbi pathways program? I can’t find much information about it online and am confused about what it means. Is it just standard transfer advertisement?

2 Likes
  • Admitted
  • Marshall School of Business
  • California
    *4.0 UW/4.4W, 11 APs, 35 ACT, National Merit Commended Scholar, AP Scholar with Distinction
    Activities: Captain of the football and lacrosse teams, Youth and Government (state award), DECA (regional and state awards), President of a charitable organization, elected member of student government, Boys State
6 Likes

Congrats to all. :star_struck:
My Kurt was rejected :frowning:

• Rejected
  • CS
  • Washington State
  • 6 AP, 3.8 UW, ASB leadership, 3 years football and lacrosse Varsity, Community service etc…
  • Admission results from other schools: Waitlisted for his #1- UW, accepted to all private small schools: (CS)Chapman, USD, TCU & Santa Clara for Mechanical Engineering & Boulder.
    Rejected from UCLA, UCSD, UCD
2 Likes

My son just came home and checked his portal–it’s a yes! Very surprised because it was a truly last minute decision to apply, just to cover his LA bases. Wow.

9 Likes

Yes, my son was admitted in February and received a Dean’s Scholar award today. I’m an alum and my parents were too. I literally grew up on campus and my kids did too. We’re thrilled! He’s turning down Berkeley, Notre Dame and some other fantastic schools to follow his Trojan heart. Fight on!

13 Likes