USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

I don’t know that all legacies receive the offer or not. But how it works is if you decide you want to go that route you do your first year either at any other 4-yr or community college or study abroad through one of the programs USC is connected with in Rome, Prague or Paris. You meet with an advisor and need to complete certain courses that year fulfilling math requirement and English (32 units of GE courses) If you were to get a 3.6+ you will most definitely be admitted as a transfer. If you don’t get the grades but are close and have been offered TTP, you may still get a spot. Basically it means you get the grades and your application is moved to the top of the transfer pile. https://admission.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/18Trans_CounselDoc.pdf

2 Likes

TTP is only offered on the initial rejection letter. Not afterwards. A lot of legacy and some non-legacy offered it often when stats are high but major is pretty much full. Great summary by @grace27 above.

This thread still contains current and relevant info:

1 Like

All the TTP decisions went out with rejections letters, they do not send more later.

Check out the TTP thread, lot of info and experience there.

Couple things to ask yourself…does student want to graduate from USC more than anything else? Are they willing to substitute Plan B in place of freshman year and come in later to be a Trojan? Do they have other four year choices that are really good/great?

3 Likes

Hi. My son is a freshman in the Price School and he is also doing the Thematic Option. I would agree that a love of reading and writing is important based on his descriptions of the classes he has taken thus far. Between this semester and the fall semester he has taken 3 “thematic option” writing and reading classes as part of the “core”. They are generally small classes (10-ish students) on par with a small, liberal arts college format of reading, discussion, and analysis. He took AP Lit and AP Lang in high school and he has found the Thematic Option classes to be challenging, but also very interesting.

4 Likes

Hi all,
I am from San Diego and doing trojan transfer for this upcoming year. I am planning on going to school at Santa Monica College. I am looking for a roommate to live in a two bedroom apartment at either lorenzo or gateway. Please let me know if you are interested!

snap: bartolosophia
instagram: bartolosophia

Ask in Instagram
They have some TTP groups

https://instagram.com/uscttpmppvpp?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

They just sent more scholarship letters to those that received the early admissions and interviews and were considered for merit scholarships in February. Unfortunately, my son didn’t even receive a Deans scholarship (which is the 1/4 scholarship) so we won’t be able to send him. He had grown to love USC and felt truly blessed to be admitted. Good luck & congratulations to all those who will be attending this year.

2 Likes

Do you think picking the dorm preferences(after getting picked for merit interview in Feb) reduces the chances of getting merit scholarship because they know that you are likely to attend? Also, has anybody who has got trustee scholarship accepted the invite for April 4th USC visit day? I suspect even that has a negative impact as it shows interest and less incentive to offer merit scholarships.

My child received a merit scholarship two years ago. We signed up for housing and paid the deposit on the first day. It was doubtful that my child was going to attend without merit but I was willing to pay the $55 to hold a spot just in case.

6 Likes

Hi! Yes she was awarded the trustee after the interview. The full tuition is definitely a very tough thing to pass on. She received generous merit at another school but not as much as this! But she also got accepted in to the Naval Academy which would leave her debt free. So many tough choices. Good to have this dilemma, but tough nonetheless!!!

2 Likes

We put down the room deposit and he also participated in all of the presentations, and group zoom forums led by the students just so he’d be prepared for the interview. Not sure if that hurt his chances.

Yes, my son did as well. Possibly losing $55 for the prospect of large scholarship was worth the risk since we could not have sent him without significant merit. Happy to say it worked out with Presidential Scholarship so to answer, I don’t think interviewers likely looked at housing deposits.

3 Likes

Accepted to Marshall, no scores

2 Likes

Congratulations-My daughter too. Coming from Massachusetts. Also in at UT - planning to attend accepted students day.

1 Like

Also, for those considering USC and planning to attend the Trojan Family Weekend in October, the USC Hotel is a great option if you want a hotel close to campus. But make your reservation early/soon! Last fall they sold out of rooms very quickly and the hotel was booked. The USC Hotel is within walking distance of the Coliseum for those who plan to attend the football game. Our room had USC swag upon check-in that weekend (water bottles, foam “Fight On” fingers, pom poms, buttons). With a new football coach expected to turn the team around, I would anticipate lots of interest in the game this fall.

3 Likes

DD accepted SCA for Interactive Entertainment. Any parents know how long it takes for the Facebook USC Parent group to accept you? Also, regarding housing sign up. It says, we will receive an email for login. Has anyone received the email yet?

2 Likes

Regarding the FB group, it is managed by Parents of Troy and USC. I assume they are receiving a lot of requests so my guess is M-F.

1 Like

I think it takes a couple days if you have already committed. If you haven’t committed, I don’t think they will let you on. There will also be a sub group later on for Class of 2026 parents.

2 Likes

My son interviewed and participated in all of the activities he could leading up to his interview to be as prepared as possible and still was unlucky and didn’t even receive a Deans. This WAS his number #1 choice.

1 Like