USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

accepted to Dornsife
OOS
Major: Psychology
33 ACT, 34 Superscore
3.98 UW
did a lot of community service (founded a successful 501-c3 organization), had a prestigious internship at a top university, student-teacher, won several state awards

1 Like

On USC IG posts- they said they will not consider additional materials except mid-term grades.

1 Like

No word from BFA MT yet.

1 Like

Son deferred, Dornsife, bummed, not surprised.

3 Likes

Deferred Marshall. Two national business awards and a 1570 SAT, IB Diploma Candidate. Not surprised but very disappointed and feeling a bit hopeless for my other schools.

1 Like

Son with 3.9 UGPA and 1570 SAT deferred. So sad.

S23 applied to Viterbi, Bay area CA, deferred. Good luck to everyone, and for those getting accepted today, good luck with the scholarship round!

1 Like

Deferred.
Viterbi. Computer Science.
Bay Area, California
UW3.95 SAT 1580
12 AP. all 5’s. NMSF.

2 Likes

Deferred. Dormsife, Bio, OOS, 4.0 UW 4.6 W, 16 AP/H, TO, Editor-in-Chief, Varsity, Job, community service award.

After seeing so many high stats kids (with good EC) get deferred, I wonder if “yield protection” is a thing for usc or it’s just the uncertainty of college admission game these days.

5 Likes

My son is NMSF as well. Took multivariable calculus as a junior - pushed himself very hard academically. The school would have been a perfect match for his interests. Very disappointing. But with the number of applicants, not surprising.

Deferred, Dornsife.

2 Likes

accepted 4.4/1550,36 dornsife neuro

6 Likes

Accepted
Marshall (Business Administration BS)
Texas
Special thanks to @CADREAMIN for being so selfless and patiently answering so many questions

1 Like

Son deferred. Viterbi Computer Science

3.8UW/4.45W/1550 with 12 APs and other honors courses, very decent relevant ECs

1 Like

They turn away close to 4,000 with perfect gpa and 99% scores every year. Been that way for quite awhile, was 3,000 for years, then last talk given by Dean of Admissions it was “about 4k.” (I have that in an article somewhere too.) So high stat kids getting deferred or rejected is par for the course in this competitive climate. So I think its uncertainty and competition. Plus USC has never wanted just perfect stat students, they love diversity in every regard, and passion as well.

5 Likes

Deferred, Marshall

3.91/4.2, 1520 SAT, business founder, VP of startup, VP Business club, research intern at nonprofit and business, elected fundraiser raised 31K, FTC World finalist, etc. Dozen+ awards

1 Like

USC doesn’t need to play any yield protection games. If they cared just about yield, they would have early decision. USC has A LOT of applicants who REALLLY want to be there and it shows in their apps so I think they are good at seeing the high stats kids who see USC as a backup and that’s not what they are looking for.

Also and totally unrelated, wondering about your user name… reminds me of a musical artist I like

(Popping in after awhile, hi to the long timers here!)

3 Likes

If your son gets in, if he’s NMF, he’ll still get the presidential. Doesn’t need an interview, just needs to get accepted.

Congrats ! What are your stats?