USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

deferred, Dornsife, env studies, 4.0uw, 4.7w, 1570 SAT, 5’s on all APs, ECs with top 10 national ranking, 11 AP courses, 6 Honors courses, 200+ hours community service w/awards, Northern California

1 Like

Hey @TreeAlum! Great to “see” you!!!

4 Likes

@Hydroholland: Viterbi

4 Likes

Accepted, Viterbi

2 Likes

With the number of applicants this year, I expect that there were lots and lots of wonderful, high achieving, multitalented and diverse applicants who really want to attend USC, and whose apps reflected that passion for the school. I expect that there were enough great applicants who REALLY want to be there to fill the 6% many times over. So I hope no one worries that they were deferred because their application wasn’t passionate enough!

For those deferred applicants sticking around for the RD round, good luck!!

7 Likes

Thanks, okay her stats are :
4.0 / 4.0 UW
Rank .7%
1600 SAT
NMSF

3 Likes

DD Got Accepted to Matshall.

3 Likes

Same

@voda2013 OMG WELCOME TO THE TROJAN FAMILY! (Assuming attending?!)

And thank you!

2 Likes

Yes - that is such a wonderful thing. It would be safe to say I’m not too hopeful at this point.

2 Likes

Deferred. Texas. 4.0 UW.

3 Likes

50% shot at merit - I see it in her future in my crystal ball. :slight_smile:
Fight ON!

4 Likes

Hi @CADREAMIN ! I of course knew you would be here!

Had to check in on this round with the new EA, which seems to be an experiment that a lot of people may not like. When I first saw it, I figured they wanted more time to review apps and having a Nov 1 deadline, they needed to call it Early Action. But it gives people expectations of getting accepted like other EA programs and it’s not really like that. It does, however, shine a light on how hard it is to get in, period!

Btw my student is now an alum and living and working in LA! Time sure does fly by!

You remain the only one that I know whose student got the Associates!

Ha! Well they only give about 10 to freshman but they also give some to seniors each year. I don’t know if I can post links, but if you Google USC Associates Senior Scholars 2021-2022, you can see a bunch! It really was a great scholarship!

1590! I am sure its frustrating but you are going to land well with those brains!

3 Likes

Accepted
NY
Neuroscience
1480 SAT

5 Likes

Deferred, Viterbi (mech E), from Bay Area CA, 35 ACT, 3.95UW, school has no AP, various EC’s from sport, martial arts, to research, plane-making club.
Older brother is a senior at Viterbi CS major. We recall the older one applied early-ish, 12/1 deadline, but I don’t remember that he got accepted this early. It’s more like late Feb. or March. He was NMF but he obviously didn’t know how to fill the form so USC was not listed at first choice initially. In April, USC admission wrote to us and let us know that he can get the 1/2 tuition if they get his name from NMSP. We then called NMSF, and he was instructed to change his first choice to USC. So the scholarship announcement came after he committed on 5/1. Had the admission not emailed, he would have attended another college. The younger one is unfortunately not an NMF, nor a musician, maybe he won’t make it:(

2 Likes

@icecreamnut Wishing you the best in March! It’s fun when siblings attend same college whether at same time or not!

3 Likes

Deferred.Viterbi.
Chemical Engineering
Bay ARea Public School 3.95 UW, 35 ACT
8 APs + 4 Honors AP Scholar with Distinction.
Qualified for US Chemistry Olympiad.
Research at ASDRP Bay Area based non-profit private research institute for High schoolers
Piano Certificate of Merit - top 2% students perform at the Certificate of Merit Convention