USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

Congrats to the new Trojans. I haven’t been on here in years but came back to see the posts since I knew EA decisions were out. My daughter just graduated in December. She received the Presidential Scholarship and we were full-pay. She also worked in the admissions office as a student ambassador during her time at USC. I don’t think the merit scholarships and need based aid are connected at all. I don’t think admissions officers see any of the financial info.

3 Likes

I guess we’ll never know since we don’t work in admissions at USC.

What if there has been no reply from the school?

In what regard? Are you an applicant who applied by the EA deadline? And if so… did your portal not update? You can always reach out to your assigned admissions officer if need be.

Meet us – Find your Counselor (form) | USC Undergraduate Admission

1 Like

Add us to the list of full pay families whose student received a merit scholarship.

3 Likes

Just wondering, does the admit data include USC football players, student athletes? or they are not accounted for in the 2400 EA/~7900 total admits?

2 Likes

I believe they are included. One of my children plays soccer for a D3 school and he was accounted for in their admission numbers.

Student-athletes are about 1.5% of USC student body as of 2016 data. Presuming they admit 2x that number because many kids do drop out sports, then notionally 3% of the 7900 are recruits (about 240)

yes i got one! yes we do know each other!

Congratulations!!! :tada:

For those who have been through this process USC sent housing info and said it opens in Feb and we can register even if not yet committed. How’s the housing situation? I hear many put a deposit to secure a place early even if they are not sure if they will commit. Is that recommended? First time going through this process so it’s all little confusing.

1 Like

Definitely apply for housing if not sure and pay small deposit to do so. It’s first come first serve by when you register (date and time stamp) so you want to register if any chance of attending.

It’s like getting concert tickets, lol (except you know you will get housing). It will open at 9am on whichever day it is and everyone will be logging in playing beat the clock.

In the end there are so many good housing options that it all works out regardless if you register at the stroke of 9am or not.

Thank you!!

1 Like

You’re welcome! I have a post on housing I will put up later on the options and various views on them.

2 Likes

I know of three students and myself who got callbacks for acting on Monday 1/23. Good luck to you.

3 Likes

Do you select housing preferences at that time? Or does that come later? TIA

You do rank you preferences at that time - you pick 1-5. So it’s good to start looking at them. But also know you can change your preferences at any time before the app closes in May. Editing your preferences will not affect your original date/time stamp. So it’s best to get it submitted, then if you change your mind at least you have your place “held” in line.

You can also add the room mate later and line up your apps to match in terms of preferences. So don’t sweat that, or not being absolutely sure of your choice order. Just pay the $55 fee and get it submitted to get the time stamp.

Oh and…
Those admitted with merit will have McCarthy as an option (some want it, some choose something else) and the others that don’t get merit will be getting in ahead of the mass housing sign up in April, so frankly no one admitted in this early round has to worry about getting what they want. But getting in early will help with room configurations, cause there’s some crazy set ups at the Village that may not be preferable (smaller, more than 2 per room kind of thing). The majority of housing at USC is 2 per dorm room, with just a few exceptions - most of those are at Village and a couple 3 per room in bigger rooms, for example in Birkrant, which some people request anyway so it works out.

Great question.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this helpful information!

Listen to @CADREAMIN! We followed all of their advice to the T last year regarding housing and submitting the housing app and my D22 is currently super happy as a freshman in her first choice dorm and room (single in McCarthy!) Thanks again @CADREAMIN!

1 Like

Got an email which says, “The USC Housing application is scheduled to open at 9am PST on February 2st.” Wondering if they really meant February 1st - thats what it says on the USC web site.

1 Like